Chokelahoma does it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Why not make it his last 7 JC and throw in that National Championship?
    Lmao,

I just like fucking with u
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
      So in your eyes Bob Stoops is NOT responsible for the losses to BAYLOR and TEXAS TECH this year, nor his bowl record, because other people told you so? But he is responsible for the beatings put on the Colleges of My Little Sisters of the Deaf and Poor wins? I am just trying to compare statistics against your thoughts.
      Oh, I think he is directly responsible for the losses. Do I want to fire him over it? Hell no. Do I think he is a shitty coach for it? Hardly. I think the kids down there this year for the most part feel a sense of entitlement. I feel like that they think just because they have an OU sticker on their helmet that the other teams are going to roll over and play dead for them. Upsets happen though. It's a part of the game.
      Should Mike Gundy be fired for losing to Iowa State? Should Chip Kelly be fired for losing at home to USC as an 18 point dog? That's what it seems like you guys are saying to me and I find it ludicrous.

Comment

I dont think stoops should be fired.

I do think OU was overrated this year. I mean the big 12 this year IMO was down. Texas blows texas AM sucks T. Tech sucks nebraska is gone missouri stinks. Ok st and OU to me were the only 2 top 20teams in the conference.
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Oh, I think he is directly responsible for the losses. Do I want to fire him over it? Hell no. Do I think he is a shitty coach for it? Hardly. I think the kids down there this year for the most part feel a sense of entitlement. I feel like that they think just because they have an OU sticker on their helmet that the other teams are going to roll over and play dead for them. Upsets happen though. It's a part of the game.
          Should Mike Gundy be fired for losing to Iowa State? Should Chip Kelly be fired for losing at home to USC as an 18 point dog? That's what it seems like you guys are saying to me and I find it ludicrous.
          Ok. But it is his job as coach to not let his kids to do that, but ok. Comparing what I consider "upstart" programs like Ok St and Oregon to Oklahoma's storied program is disgraceful. Go back and compare the history of those programs to Oklahoma, they are not comparable. But since you did, these coaches allowed what you refer, an "upset" to happen. Once (I dont consider Oregon losing to Boise an upset). Bob Stoops for the most part is a 50% or less coach in EVERY big game he has EVER had. Throw away the TT game as his upset. All he has to do is win out in a conference down year and he has title hopes for Oklahoma. What does he do? Choke on game one and makes the Ok St game irrelevent.

Alamo/Cotton Bowl here comes Oklahoma again. Awaiting an ill prepared Oklahoma team to give Georiga or Stanford as a double digit underdog a statistically really good chance to win!!

What is ludicrous it letting a coach who has lost his locker room (your words, not mine) who has choked not once but twice in this year, and has a .1667 winning percentage with his recruited teams (note - top 15 every year) in the last 6 years, sit on a pedestal and continue to be held in high regard. When is enough enough I guess.
          2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

How is the Oklahoma State game irrelevant? OU wins out and their co-conference champs and representing the Big 12 in a BCS bowl.

Comment

How is the Oklahoma State game irrelevant? OU wins out and their co-conference champs and representing the Big 12 in a BCS bowl.
              Sorry, irrelevant as it relates to their oppotunity to play in the championship.
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
                Sorry, irrelevant as it relates to their oppotunity to play in the championship.
                Yes, it's disappointing not to play for the championship every year. Is it realistic to think you will be national champion every year when there are so many good teams each year?

I'm sorry Bob can't meet your expectations year in and year out Bill.

I'm happy winning the league almost every year and getting a shot at the championship every couple years. Losing sucks, no doubt, but I hardly want to remove the guy as coach. I don't know a coach in the world who could live to your standards as an AD.

Comment

Yes, it's disappointing not to play for the championship every year. Is it realistic to think you will be national champion every year when there are so many good teams each year?

I'm sorry Bob can't meet your expectations year in and year out Bill.

I'm happy winning the league almost every year and getting a shot at the championship every couple years. Losing sucks, no doubt, but I hardly want to remove the guy as coach. I don't know a coach in the world who could live to your standards as an AD.
                  Yes, and even more disappointing as a preseason number 1 to flush that down the drain due to a coach.

If he met any expectation in the last six years by winning a big game or bowl game I would agree with you.

I guess "moral victories" is enough. Losing to TT (unranked) and BAYLOR this year, Missouri and Texas A&M (unranked) last year, and losing 5 the year before. Hey, 3-8 since '04 in bowls right, getting beat by the likes of Boise, trounced by WV and USC, and winning the Sun and Holiday bowl.

I really am interested when enough will be enough from him. I wish only being successful 50% of the time at my job made me "big game".
                  2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Strangely enough, the two "big" games OU has played this year they've won. Beat then #5 Florida State in their house and dismantled then #11 Texas 55-17.

He meets my expectations just fine Bill. Maybe you ought to quit worrying about it and save yourself a heart attack.

Comment

That Urban Meyer was a real failure in 2009. Coming off a championship and preseason #1, he really choked his ass off by losing in the SEC championship game and flushing that season down the drain.

Signed,

BillMill

Comment

Strangely enough, the two "big" games OU has played this year they've won. Beat then #5 Florida State in their house and dismantled then #11 Texas 55-17.

He meets my expectations just fine Bill. Maybe you ought to quit worrying about it and save yourself a heart attack.
                        Ok, so if he loses to Ok St and/or the Mieneke Muffler Bowl game is that enough? When does one say the guy really isnt good? If 3-5 bowl record isnt it, 3-6, 3-7? No chmapionship for 10 years, 15 years?
                        2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

If the losses come in Championship games, I really don't give a fuck if his record ends up being 5-76.

Comment

If the losses come in Championship games, I really don't give a fuck if his record ends up being 5-76.
                            I totally agree with that,

Signed,
                            Dave Hakstol
                            Head Coach
                            North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                            (5 final fours in my 7 years, 0 Championships)

But I have a great regular season record!
                            Last edited by ToDaClub; 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Bob Stoops is certainly not a big game coach, I dont know who labeled him that or even if that is his label.

Big game coaches would have to have a winning % in bowl games wouldnt you think to be called big game coach???
                              [email protected]

Comment

KB is certainly not lying about this, dont forget he still is a Bills fan and we all know their record in championship games
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X