Reasons for Collapse of Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for Collapse of Red Sox

As a Sox diehard for many, many years, sadly I must admit that this is an article which is right on target why the Sox have fallen so hard of late and barring a total and I mean total turnaround, will not make the playoffs this year.

Beat up and worn down, Boston Red Sox' epicĀ collapse is no fluke - Tom Verducci - SI.com

Because they blow cock, that's the reason.
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
      Yea, now this is why, who needs to read some long article when JC can explain it in one sentence.

Thanks JC

Signed,

Bettorschat A.D.D. members

Comment

Poor depth in the organization especially in pitching that can't overcome the injuries. However anyone who follows them daily would know that if Bucholz doesn't get hurt this isn't happening. They are good enough offensively to make up for poor pitching (Lackey) at least in half those starts. Until a certain point this year they were at worst the 3nd most talented team in baseball. This month has been a combination of injuries (Youklis, Ortiz, Beckett) and players tightning up to go along with just horrid pitching depth. They have absolutely no one to turn to 3 nights a week to pitch

Comment

wouldnt cliff lee look awfully good now in a sox uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
            I think this is the first time JC has ever mentioned cock in a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
              Poor depth in the organization especially in pitching that can't overcome the injuries. However anyone who follows them daily would know that if Bucholz doesn't get hurt this isn't happening. They are good enough offensively to make up for poor pitching (Lackey) at least in half those starts. Until a certain point this year they were at worst the 3nd most talented team in baseball. This month has been a combination of injuries (Youklis, Ortiz, Beckett) and players tightning up to go along with just horrid pitching depth. They have absolutely no one to turn to 3 nights a week to pitch
              No team including the Sox should ever even allow for the possibility that someone as unqualified as Kyle Weiland would have to be pitching in crucial games down the stretch no matter who is injured.

Comment

The team trying to catch Boston has had its best player miss almost 30 games and he is hitting .244 and leads the team with 28 HR and 92 RBI. They have 1 starter hitting over .300 and thats Casey Kotchman who has 48 RBI no savior in my opinion.There closers r Farnsworth and Peralta. TB is playing with less talent on there team than 1/2 the teams in the league in my opinion everyone is talking about pitching,Shields is just over a 500 pitcher but this year he has pitched to a great era but still only 15 wins and era was over 4 lifetime b4 this year.David Price is there superstar and he is 500 this year 12-12.Wade Davis 500 pitcher and a 2nd year guy in Hellickson who has good era but 13-10 and niemann who wins-loss is the best on the team for the last 3 years altho his era is over 4 lifetime. Bostons lineup is tons better even tho Crawford is an underachiever and Bedard has a 3.63 era but 1-2 in 7 games for Boston. Daniel Bard going 2-9 and blowing 5 saves is the main culprit in my opinion, I would love to blame Lackey because he is a cry baby but he is still 12-12 the same record as David Price. They just need to play better its not an injury or that TB is that good.
                Last edited by gizmo; 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I can simplify it for all of you.

Pitching, pitching, pitching!!!

Boston lost Dice-K for the year and Buchholz for most of the year. Beckett has had issues and missed several starts. Lackey has the worst ERA in the history of baseball for a pitcher with 12 Wins and (12-12) means nothing. If you watch his starts, you know what i mean. He has left SEVERAL games after giving up a ton of runs and SEVERAL times Boston has come back to tie games and take him off the hook. He also has SEVERAL Wins by scores like 11-9 where he struggled to make it to 5 innings and the Sox got him the Win. Comparing him to Price is an absolute JOKE! Price gets no run support and if he started in place of Lackey for Boston this season he would be (20-5).

Tampa Bay has young great arms that have been healthy most of the year, period.

Pitching, pitching, pitching!!!

Comment

I heard the other day that T.B. has not had a guy over the age of 30 start a game in the last 700 games played. That is amazing!!!!!!

That will change next year when Shields turns 30. Boston has a payroll 4 times the size of T.B. and they are throwing 45 year old men out there to pitch. Ugh!

Comment

First of all a win is a win is a win no matter if you give up 2 runs or 8 runs u still need to be winning after 5 innings to get that win.

Lackey has pitched 1, let me repeat that 1 game of 5 innings that he won every other game is more than 5 innings and has only given up more than 4 earned runs ONCE in his wins and that was his 2nd start of the season and he has gotten a win or loss in all but 3 games and he left 1 tied which they lost and left with the lead which they blew and the last game in which he wasnt able to get thru the 5th which they won.

LOL since when has Dice-K become the savior,they wanted to run him out of town 2 years ago and I agree Buchholz is a big loss but he still would have been #3 starter.

Yanks #2 starter to start year has 5.68 era and 10 -11 record and wont even make post season roster.there #3 starter to start the year missed 15 starts and is 5-5 with a era of 6.00 they got lucky with Colon and Garcia and Nova become the savior for Yanks including Robertson because Soriano and Joba got hurt.

TBay just cant hit, and I dont think Niemann or Davis would b any more than what they r #4 or 5 starters on Yanks or Bostons teams

Comment

Let me repeat, Lackey has the HIGHEST ERA IN MLB History at 6.49 of any pitcher with 12 or more wins. You can sugarcoat it any way you want but his numbers suck fuckin ass and speak for themself. He averages 5.7 innings per start and what does that do to your bullpen? He sucks.

Lackey is also NUMBER 1 in ALL OF MLB in run support at 9.35 runs per game scored when he starts and the fuckin fat ass is (12-12)? Again, Price would be (20-5)

Lackey also ranks 142nd of 143 pitchers in ALL OF MLB in WHIP at 1.63

Don't tell me this fuckface is anything but a fraud because the only person who believes that is you gizmo.

And you can say what you want about Dice-K but he has a losing record only once in 5 years in Boston and he has a (49-30) career record. He would look pretty good right now.
                        Last edited by wayne1218; 09-21-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          Lackey is also NUMBER 1 in ALL OF MLB in run support at 9.35 runs per game scored when he starts and the fuckin fat ass is (12-12)?

Lackey also ranks 142nd of 143 pitchers in ALL OF MLB in WHIP at 1.63
                          That's ALL OF MLB, not the A.L.

Keep sugarcoating!

Comment

Just be glad you're not a Cubs fan

Comment

I dont know y u keep bringing up Price other than they have same amount of wins it means nothing.He is TB #1 and he stayed healthy this year so what if he would b 20-5 with Boston he isnt with Boston and he has 12 stinking wins just like lackey.

I know lackey stole money but so have alot of other players.

Maybe Lester would have won 20 with TB ,he didnt get a win in 7 games when he gave up 3 runs or less. It all evens out Wayne so dont think its just his fault when Bard is a joke right now and they wanted to run Papelbon out of town and Bard was the new closer.

Who would you rather have Lester, Becket or Sabathia, Nova or Price ,Shields. I would pick Lester Beckett and I dont think Beckett missed more than 2 starts same with lester.

Comment

Working...
                              X