Rain expected to hit Atlanta; race time moved up 20 minutes to 7:30 p.m. ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain expected to hit Atlanta; race time moved up 20 minutes to 7:30 p.m. ET

HAMPTON, Ga. -- A crowd of more than 100,000 is expected to attend Sunday night's AdvoCare 500. But the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee may throw a major monkeywrench in those plans.

After two days of sunny and hot conditions at Atlanta Motor Speedway, race teams awoke to decidedly gloomier skies -- and a forecast that doesn't look promising. According to the National Weather Service hourly forecast, the potential chances of precipitation increase from 40 to 60 percent by 2 p.m. ET, then to 70 percent by evening.

That includes the potential for up to a half-inch of rain this evening, and with a 100 percent chance of precipitation beginning around midnight ET, additional rainfall amounts of up to 2 inches on Monday.

In an effort to beat the storm, NASCAR officials already have moved the start time up some 20 minutes to 7:30 p.m. ET, but that may not be enough to allow completion of the next-to-last race before the Chase field is set. A race is official at the halfway mark, in this case, 163 laps on Atlanta's 1.54-mile oval.

As of 10 a.m. ET Sunday, the outermost bands of the storm -- which is slowly tracking to the northeast -- were less than 10 miles from the track, with the heaviest showers over Montgomery, Ala., some 150 miles to the southwest.

Looks like this race may not happen until Monday night or Tuesday!

Comment

Fuck

Comment

Any updates? On the golf course...

Comment

Any time they schedule a race in atlanta it rains.we always had to take off monday if you ever bought tickets to sundays race,were many days we bought tickets to sundays race and had to work the next day and gave the tickets up.
          MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
          0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

We have not seen a drop of rain in 24 days now its raceday and guess what we are getting rain.
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Its not looking good. I played golf 15-20 minutes from the track and it was pouring when I left about 30 minutes ago. Track is already wet from a shower earlier so I don't see it happening till Tuesday afternoon

Comment

Pouring down rain here so no way this race gets going today.if they had started at 7:30 this morning was the only chance that they get it completed.
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                  its not looking good. I played golf 15-20 minutes from the track and it was pouring when i left about 30 minutes ago. Track is already wet from a shower earlier so i don't see it happening till tuesday afternoon
                  yup bullshit only good thing is we can get some cheap tickets
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                    yup bullshit only good thing is we can get some cheap tickets
                    That's what sucks. My buddy Chris they campout all week and then today is like the family reunion for all 18 of them. Yep that's 18 tickets at $110 each and all of them either travel home tomorrow or have to be at work Tuesday. IMO NASCAR should have said fuck it and started that bastard about 2:00.

Comment

Now I know they can't bump every race up just cause of rain but IMO tropical storms or hurricanes heading towards the track means fuck tv ratings and move the time up. I don't know man it's just crazy. They would have gotten better ratings today at 2:00 then they will Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

Hell jets/giants game was supposed to be on Saturday night but they moved it up to Saturday at 2:00 cause of Irene. Well she came earlier than expected and ended moving it to Monday night but atleast they tried moving it up 5 hours to get it in. Moving it up 20 minutes is just stupid IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                          . Moving it up 20 minutes is just stupid IMO.
                          bro its neckcar.....im shocked they didnt move it back 20min to wait for the rain to get there
                          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                            bro its neckcar.....im shocked they didnt move it back 20min to wait for the rain to get there
                            OMG

Bahahahahaha
                            Questions, comments, complaints:
                            [email protected]

Comment

11:00 tuesday morning is now when they are going green

how bad of luck do we have in atlanta every freaking year
                              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                              0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                              X