Jim thome hits 600 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim thome hits 600 !!!

One of the good guys who gets no recognition or fanfare.

Really sad that steriod using douches like Bonds and company get the headlines and a good guy like Thome doesn't get any.

Shows the sad state of our culture and we wonder why the kids coming up today have the wrong values and morals !!!

Nice job Jim !!!
    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Couldn't have said it better myself buddy!

Congrats Big Jim Thome

Nice guys don't get enough credit

Comment

So happy that he did it and the Twins won. These records always feel a little bittersweet when the team loses the game where the player achieves them.

Thome is one of the few players left who put up amazing individual numbers and is a reasonable role model for the kids who get stuck emulating/idolizing athletes.

Thanx Big Jim and congratulations
      No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Great achievement even though when he speaks, the name Forrest Gump comes to mine. lol

Comment

Thome is my homie!!

Saw that sign on tv! Lol... Thought is was great!

Congrats to him!

Comment

Just out of curiousity, how does everyone know he didn't use PED's? I've never heard his name mentioned, but he was never a spotlight guy either. His best year he had 51 or 52 HR's, and he finished 5th or 6th in the home run race. Leaves him out of the spotlight, under the radar etc., a little. Just curious

Comment

Cause he didn't do them

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                Cause he didn't do them
                Did not, did to.

He was in the era, doesn't mean he did, just wondering if anyone had a REASON they thought he didn't.

Comment

As much as they investigated the shit out of it, you'd have heard if he did.

Comment

Too much money and a guaranteed 15 more minutes of fame to the player/coach who would out him. His name has never been mentioned.
                    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                      As much as they investigated the shit out of it, you'd have heard if he did.
                      I agree. Thome would have been an EASY scapegoat to use if he used PED's.

When they investigate guys like ARod, Bonds, etc., I know it was more "newsworthy" but guys like Giambi and such were also mentioned.

I believe that if he had used PED's, it would have come out because it would have put more media coverage out there, especially since he was that close to 600.

So, Club, he "did not"
                      jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Was at the game Monday night when he did it. Had front row behind the Twins dugout. The crowd at Comerica gave him a great standing ovation as well. Even though this guy has killed my team, the Tigers, for years, I have always like and respected him. Great player, great teammate, and by all accounts I've heard in the media, a first class fella. good for him!

Comment

Working...
                        X