Vols Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vols Fan

A big rumor floating around western NC is that Heath Shuler is going to step down as our US Congressional Rep to take over the Athletic Director position at UT.

Sounds like there is something to this. I think he is getting tired of the political scene.

Originally posted by robby_morini View Post
    A big rumor floating around western NC is that Heath Shuler is going to step down as our US Congressional Rep to take over the Athletic Director position at UT.

Sounds like there is something to this. I think he is getting tired of the political scene.
    I haven't heard that but I wouldn't be suprised. When you play ball on the college level you never forget that love of football. Politics is so fucking crazy right now I would run for my life if I was him. When I see an AD I want to see character. Boy does Shuler have that

Comment

He is a Dem, hope he leaves government and takes Reid, Pelosi and Obama with him.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
        He is a Dem, hope he leaves government and takes Reid, Pelosi and Obama with him.
        Pretty moderate. Pelosi won't give him the time of day because he challenged her for minority seat. Pretty much shunned by the Dem establishment in DC. A Dem for sure, but a very blue dog.

If true, a R will win the seat. With the exception of the city of Asheville, his district is very conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini View Post
          Pretty moderate. Pelosi won't give him the time of day because he challenged her for minority seat. Pretty much shunned by the Dem establishment in DC. A Dem for sure, but a very blue dog.

If true, a R will win the seat. With the exception of the city of Asheville, his district is very conservative.

His seat must be in trouble if he is considering leaving the easy life and all the perks these officials get. These guys usually stay in for life if they can.

Maybe that AD job is a chance of a lifetime and his future in gov is a dead end. Interesting.
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
          X