Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC officials: Kyle Busch speeding at 128 mph

– Tue May 24, 9:25 pm ET
    STATESVILLE, N.C. – NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was clocked by a North Carolina sheriff's deputy going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone and was cited for careless and reckless driving and speeding, a law enforcement spokesman said Tuesday.

Iredell County Sheriff's Office Capt. Darren Campbell said a deputy stopped Busch's 2012 yellow Lexus sports car on a road between Troutman and Mooresville, where the 26-year-old driver lives. It's about 30 miles north of Charlotte.

Campbell said Busch was cited and released upon a written promise to appear in court.

In a statement issued late Tuesday, Busch acknowledged what happened.

"I was test-driving a new sports car and I got carried away," Busch said. "I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment."

Busch, who drives for Joe Gibbs Racing, accepted responsibility and said it would never happen again.

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said Busch would be allowed to race this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He's coming off a second-place finish in Saturday night's All-Star race, and goes into the Coca-Cola 600 ranked third in the Sprint Cup Series standings.

"This is a matter that Kyle will have to handle with the authorities in Iredell County," Tharp said. "Based on what we know right now, this would not impact his status as a NASCAR driver."

In 2006, Busch pleaded guilty to improper driving and was fined $150 after he was ticketed in suburban Richmond, Va., on a reckless driving charge when he pulled out of a gas station and into a fast-food restaurant. Busch said at the time he "chirped" his tires but didn't exceed 10 mph.

Under a misdemeanor reckless driving charge he originally faced, Busch could have received up to one year in jail, a $2,500 fine and a driver's license suspension.

Last month, Busch was placed on probation through June 15 after he and Kevin Harvick confronted each other in the pits after a race at Darlington Raceway.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...peeding-ticket

CONCORD—Fans at Charlotte Motor Speedway are reacting to the news of Kyle Busch's speeding citation.

Busch was pulled over for going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone in Iredell County between Troutman and Mooresville on Tuesday. He was cited for careless and reckless driving but not arrested.

Busch admitted he was test-driving his new car, a Lexus LFA sports car, with his wife inside.

His fans are having mixed reactions to the news, some say a citation is fine, while others point out the potential fatal consequences of his actions.

"It's really difficult to respect somebody who puts other people's lives in danger and especially since he had his wife in his car," said fan Magen Stewart.

Another fan, Braxton Zaine said he should have been locked up. "He should have just saved it for the track. One hundred twenty eight in a 45 is reckless driving," he said.

The sheriff's department could not go on camera but released the following statement:
    A citation was issued to Mr. Busch in Iredell County yesterday by one of our deputies for 128 mph in a 45 mph [zone] and careless and reckless driving. He had proper ID and is a resident of the area. He signed his citation agreeing to appear in court.

The sheriff's office said it is up to the individual deputy as to how the traffic violation is handled. Busch is expected in a Statesville court on July 20.

In related news:
    • Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492
    • Moses parts the Red Sea
    • Pilgrims land on Plymouth Rock

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
      In related news:
      • Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492
      • Moses parts the Red Sea
      • Pilgrims land on Plymouth Rock
      Just think if he would have tagged it "breaking news"

Comment

Give the old man a break Damn.The nursing home only gets The weekend edition of the paper.
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Now I know why Monte does not respond to you guys ...

I know, you would rather have me post "Good Luck"

Comment

I thought people got arrested for criminal speed (30 over the limit)? Wasn't he, umm, 83 over? I understand it is Kyle and me and you would be in jail but c'mon, if he was 40 over i could see them letting him slide but 83 over? Is 30 over a criminal speed only in Maine or what? I had a friend get booked and fingerprinted about 6 months ago for doing 35 over.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              In related news:
              • Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492(kaptain was on board)
              • Moses parts the Red Sea(spark witnessed it)
              • Pilgrims land on Plymouth Rock(garth didn't like plymouth so he went west to oklahoma)

kb please leave personal references out of this please.
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                I thought people got arrested for criminal speed (30 over the limit)? Wasn't he, umm, 83 over? I understand it is Kyle and me and you would be in jail but c'mon, if he was 40 over i could see them letting him slide but 83 over? Is 30 over a criminal speed only in Maine or what? I had a friend get booked and fingerprinted about 6 months ago for doing 35 over.
                I can't believe he got off with a ticket. Any regular person would still be in jail. My god if it would have been a college athlete at a major school they would have got locked up too and Espn would be all over the story.

Comment

A Nascar marketing stunt?

Even the cops were in on it. lol
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
                  X