Bodog is going next....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryce View Post
    Savage if you dealt with a shit hole then I guess I could see why you don't or many people do not like locals. But when you generalize they are all scum I just questioned that. Yes shit lines and what you said would make me quit asap. I never had any type of experience that you mentioned.

How do you even hook up with these characters.. Seriously... What would possess you even to place a wager with Mafia or shady people like that..if I didn't know the person or a friend of a friend introduced me and referred me then I wouldn't have been so apt to wager.
    That's kind of like people trying to put all offshores in the same category. Some locals really do suck though as do some online books. The biggest difference that I see with online is that you can shop lines. Unless you have more than 1 local you can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
      Question for you Bryce and any others for that matter;
      Ok the question was posed as to whether we would go back to use a Local if there were no more Offshores.
      To continue this further, would would you continue to try to wager if as unlikely/improbable as it seems, somehow the Feds not only closed down the Offshores but also took such strong action aganst locals all over the country or at least in the area in which you lived, that they were forced out of business also, meaning that the only way you could bet would be to go to Vegas or to find someone who lived in Vegas or someone who had connections there to place the bets for you.
      Obviously there is no right or wrong answer here, but I think everyone's response is an indication as to how important gambling whether it be to try to make money, whether it is for recreational purposes or whether somewhere in between.
      To take it further, would you still follow the same sports you do with the same intent and interest, etc.?
      My own response is that for me I think there would be a period of adjustment for sure, and that I would still watch college sports because they are exciting in their own right.
      I can honestly say though that with pro sports, things would go back to the way they were before I started gambling-mainly I would remain a HUGE Sox fan and big baseball fan in general and continue to watch Sox games and other games also.
      Re: pro football, pro basketball and hockey, other than following Pats and Celtics and Bruins whom I like(not in same class as Sox and baseball), I probably wouldn't watch that many regular season games(if I flicked on a game, and it seemed to be exciting, I would watch it) and just get interested once teams got late into the playoffs-that is me though and I know others would feel 100% differently.
      In short, at least for me, once baseball ends, gambling which is on the recereational level for me in any evenr, simply creates more interest in following other sports which on their own would not have that much overall appeal.
      Again, I know I am in the minority here, but I thought the question posed is relevant.
      The next relevant question, which we will save for another time, is what would you do if you couldn't gamble on sports at all anywhere-what would you do in your lives to replace it?
      Can you cliff note the questions?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        Can you cliff note the questions?

Comment

Savage I would quit gambling of all locals went out of business as well as offshore. Yep it would be an adjustment and I would watch hardly any sports as closely as I did. I would frequent the track a lot more often and try to develop a knack for that. There will always be some form of gambling. Legal or illegal. People including myself love to do it. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!

Comment

I would absolutely positively continue to wager. Come on chunger i know you love your college football. You mean to tell me you would not get the itch as soon as it started...
            Hey maybe you wouldn't but I don't know I think you would be all in at some point.

I think we all would be... Just my opinion.
            i am dead serious bryce,i quit for a long time after the pinnacle deal,and not because locals are scum,like monte said there are good and bad with both,its just the cheaper lines,the flexibilty,the multiple wagers-I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME THAN BE CONFINED TO A LOCAL.......
            DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
              i am dead serious bryce,i quit for a long time after the pinnacle deal,and not because locals are scum,like monte said there are good and bad with both,its just the cheaper lines,the flexibilty,the multiple wagers-I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME THAN BE CONFINED TO A LOCAL.......
              Point taken chunger but my only question is what is the difference if you are tied to a local or a offshore account. Money is money I don't care who it comes from. Let me ask you this. If a local took your MMA and offered most of what a offshore did would you change your mind? What if your best friend was a local and he took 90 percent of what you are currently used to. There are people out there like that. I just think most people if they had that outlet then they would SETTLE for a local if this Dinosaur ( offshore) becomes extinct.

Comment

Point taken chunger but my only question is what is the difference if you are tied to a local or a offshore account. Money is money I don't care who it comes from. Let me ask you this. If a local took your MMA and offered most of what a offshore did would you change your mind? What if your best friend was a local and he took 90 percent of what you are currently used to. There are people out there like that. I just think most people if they had that outlet then they would SETTLE for a local if this Dinosaur ( offshore) becomes extinct.
                no way under the sun and to me the locals are the dinosaurs........

Comment

Savage I would quit gambling of all locals went out of business as well as offshore. Yep it would be an adjustment and I would watch hardly any sports as closely as I did. I would frequent the track a lot more often and try to develop a knack for that. There will always be some form of gambling. Legal or illegal. People including myself love to do it. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!
                  Brye-we are in agreement on this 100%.
                  ps Sorry about my ill thought out remarks before-you are the LAST one I would ever think of putting in the class of the folks I was referring to.

Comment

also bryce,95 percent of the locals i know make you place your bet thru an offshore,so why hassle with having the local for a middleman ?

Comment

also bryce,95 percent of the locals i know make you place your bet thru an offshore,so why hassle with having the local for a middleman ?
                      and yes,that refutes some of my earlier points,was not thinking,its been that long since i have used a local,but now that i think about it,all the ones i know make you place your bets offshore........

Comment

no way under the sun and to me the locals are the dinosaurs........
                        If something happens that is all gambling folks have left.
                        I think most people would go back to their local. Just like if walmart shut down most people would go to a store comparable to Walmart and wish they had this or that like the previous store had.

Comment

I agree with that to an extent. Their are still old locals doing the same pencil and paper work. You said 95 percent I think it's more like 50 percent. Most locals I know work so being an agent for an offshore is appeasing to them. Less risk and zero work involved except payment or collection.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                            Brye-we are in agreement on this 100%.
                            ps Sorry about my ill thought out remarks before-you are the LAST one I would ever think of putting in the class of the folks I was referring to.
                            Thank you!

Comment

If something happens that is all gambling folks have left.
                              I think most people would go back to their local. Just like if walmart shut down most people would go to a store comparable to Walmart and wish they had this or that like the previous store had.
                              i guess what you said,the locals would have to go back to actually being in their office and answering a phone,i am older brother and its just not that big a deal anymore,i actually have more fun cutting up on here with you guys than i do wagering......

Comment

also bryce-i don't want a best friend who is trying to make juice off my gambling habit-LOL-but seriously,if i am in a pot with my close friends at the poker table-we don't bet each other if its heads up-i don't want my best friends money that bad-lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X