Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World’s biggest sports bettor featured on 60 Minutes

Norm Clarke

As one of the world's biggest sports bettors, Las Vegan Bill Walters has won $400,000 on a single hole of golf and $3.5 million on a Super Bowl. An oddsmaker's nightmare, he has been known to get in-game injury reports from insiders and bet accordingly before the second half kickoff.

He has parlayed his legendary preparation into seven homes, a $20 million private jet and ownership in three golf courses.

Walters, 64, is being featured on "60 Minutes" on Sunday in a segment with CBS News correspondent Lara Logan.

He's on a roll: Later this year he's coming out with his first book. It's titled "Gambler."

A "60 Minutes" camera crew followed him around Las Vegas last month, shooting footage at his exotic Bali Hai golf course and at his office.

I'm told Walters was betting $5,000 a hole with Gene McCarlie. With side action, Walters was up $17,000 after three holes.

The day before the golf shoot, he told Logan, "I had a pretty bad day. … I lost $257,200. I could lose again today. … I've had losing weeks … losing months … (but) never a losing year."

He told Logan he bets tens of millions a year on sports.

Famed gambler discusses success - News - ReviewJournal.com

Billy Walters make Fezzik look like a beginner...

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
      Billy Walters make Fezzik look like a beginner...
      Maybe so but I sure would have liked to of won 2 Hilton contests in a row as that's some nice change after taxes.

Comment

was this already aired? If not when will they?
        Each 1* is worth 0.50

BASKETBALL
        Record = 0-0

2011 HOT PICK!
        Record= 0-0

2010 FOOTBALL
        Record = 89-61-3

*UPDATED 02/15/2011

CURRENT SEASON MOOD:

Comment

Working...
        X