• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt should of kept wannstedt!

New Pitt coach jailed on domestic violence charge
    40 minutes ago

Email
    Print
    SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)—New Pitt coach Mike Haywood is jailed on a domestic violence charge after a struggle at his South Bend home.

Assistant St. Joseph County Police Chief Bill Redman says Haywood was arrested about 3 p.m. Friday after a custody issue developed with a woman with whom Haywood has a child. The unidentified woman told police that Haywood grabbed her by the arm and neck and pushed her as she tried to leave.

Redman says the woman had marks on her neck, arms and back.

Haywood will be held without bond in the St. Joseph County jail until he goes before a judge. Redman says that might occur over the weekend, but no later than Monday.

Pittsburgh hired Haywood on Dec. 16 to replace Dave Wannstedt, who resigned under pressure. Haywood led Miami (Ohio) to a 9-4 record this season and the Mid-American Conference championship.

Whats with all these pussies hitting their wives or women in general? I dont care if the wife stabs you, you should be able to walk away from those situations. Unless your fighting a tranny, theres really no excuse, its just plain lame!
    Quitters Never Win, Winners Will NEVER Quit

Comment

Originally posted by SustainDan View Post
      Whats with all these pussies hitting their wives or women in general? I dont care if the wife stabs you, you should be able to walk away from those situations. Unless your fighting a tranny, theres really no excuse, its just plain lame!
      Stab?????? A man should never hit a woman!!!!!!! But a woman should never try to fight a man!!!! I have seen the most mellow men go off by dealing with some some ass bitch!!! Everybody has a breaking point. Especially when kids are involved, both men and women can go off....

Comment

Yes sir! I see policemen doing it... Coaches... NFL... College men doing this and the only thing it does whether you are making 100000 a year or 10000 is ruin your career.. Regardless ... No matter how big or small it can only hurt ya..makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by buddyluv1968 View Post
          Stab?????? A man should never hit a woman!!!!!!! But a woman should never try to fight a man!!!! I have seen the most mellow men go off by dealing with some some ass bitch!!! Everybody has a breaking point. Especially when kids are involved, both men and women can go off....
          I have been there... More than once... It got to that point for a reason... Get out!

Comment

bryce, this is one of the worst things to happen to Pitt Football. as i said before born/raised in Pittsburgh. my father coached in the WPIAL for 40 years and i held my own playing. Wannstedt was a Pitt man and reached out to all coaches in the WPIAL. the kids respected him and he was great for the univ. granted i did not care for game day adjustments (if he ever made any), but we are Pittsburgh, a mid level DI team who could win the Big East every year or at least be in contention. They over achieved last year with Stull at QB, Lewis went from a one * recruit to a Heismann candidate. then this year expectations were through the roof and we had one of the worst qbs we have had in a while, inuries and no line. Pederson made his decision and now has to sleep in his own bed. Fire this guy ASAP and figure it out within the family. Cignetti has Pitt ties, Look to Ken O Keefe (oc at Iowa) he coached and won nat'l title at Allegheny Pa and knows the area. Someone who embraces Pitt and puts them in contention in the Big East. Hell everything I explain is Wannstedt! FIRE THE AD!!! model the hoop program...1 mcdonalds AA in the last 8 years and one of the best programs in America!

Comment

Great post buddy!

What high school did you go to?
              Really enjoyed your post and you made excellent points.
              I still remember the last NCAA championship in 1976 with TD with Johnny Majors at the helm! The days where Pitt still played Penn State.. The good ole days. Don't know if Pitt will ever regain national prominence like they had back then...Grimm Green Jackson Dorsett Etc... Damn I was 10 back then... Fk I am getting old...

Thanks for the post!

Comment

I predicted that Pitt would hire Wanny when they did. He is a friend of the famiily. I texted him tonight and he said it is crazy. That was his only comment.

Peterson wants someone he can control. That is why wanny got the axe. A meeting turned into an argument and Peterson pulled the I'm your boss card and fired him and it leaked out and Wanny ended up resigning.

Pitt should do the right thing and get coach Wanny back.

If not it will set them back 10 years.

If they don't fire Haywood I will change my name.

Happy New Year Everyone!
                Best of Luck Everyone

2012 Record:

1 unit = $100

***All sides and totals -110 unless noted***

***Teasers are -120 & 7 Points on Sides and 5 Points on Totals ties push****

Comment

Problem is right now Pitt lost several recruits already. But then again why not take DW back at this point. Pitt is in a very bad situation as anyone could figure out. This will get real interesting.

Happy new year Pitt37

Comment

went to Jeannette in the late 90s.
                    hard to believe that you can have 2 programs at the same university going in opposite directions. Pitt Hoops is something to model off of and Pitt Football is about as low as it can go. My father worked some football camps with Haywood at Notre Dame and to be kind since I never met the guy...there were less than flattering things said about him by numerous people. He fits into the Charlie Weis mold and we know how that works in college. The chancellor needs to fire Pederson and get DW back. don't wait until they charge him or not. Make it happen today when college football is in the spotlight. I was at the Pitt hoop game when they introduced DW and the place went nuts. Bring him back!!!

Comment

While I dont think Wanny was ever the best "in game coach", he is a guy of character and brought an identity to that program. I am sure the kids who played for him loved him.
                      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                        While I dont think Wanny was ever the best "in game coach", he is a guy of character and brought an identity to that program. I am sure the kids who played for him loved him.
                        He is like a father to his team. I know they haven't won the big games this past year and he hasn't been as successful as a head coach as he was as an assistant, but he is class guy that a program can count on and is loyal. Now a days that is hard to find.

Happy New Year All!
                        Best of Luck Everyone

2012 Record:

1 unit = $100

***All sides and totals -110 unless noted***

***Teasers are -120 & 7 Points on Sides and 5 Points on Totals ties push****

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt37 View Post
                          He is like a father to his team. I know they haven't won the big games this past year and he hasn't been as successful as a head coach as he was as an assistant, but he is class guy that a program can count on and is loyal. Now a days that is hard to find.

Happy New Year All!

NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Gator3584 View Post
                            bryce, this is one of the worst things to happen to Pitt Football. as i said before born/raised in Pittsburgh. my father coached in the WPIAL for 40 years and i held my own playing. Wannstedt was a Pitt man and reached out to all coaches in the WPIAL. the kids respected him and he was great for the univ. granted i did not care for game day adjustments (if he ever made any), but we are Pittsburgh, a mid level DI team who could win the Big East every year or at least be in contention. They over achieved last year with Stull at QB, Lewis went from a one * recruit to a Heismann candidate. then this year dvd reproduction were through the roof and we had one of the worst qbs we have had in a while, inuries and no line. Pederson made his decision and now has to sleep in his own bed. Fire this guy ASAP and figure it out within the family. Cignetti has Pitt ties, Look to Ken O Keefe (oc at Iowa) he coached and won nat'l title at Allegheny Pa and knows the area. Someone who embraces Pitt and puts them in contention in the Big East. Hell everything I explain is Wannstedt! FIRE THE AD!!! model the hoop program...1 mcdonalds AA in the last 8 years and one of the best programs in America!
                            Wanny is the man.........its a shame

Comment

Hire the Fat Man, the Fridge

Comment

Working...
                              X