Bengals owner upset with Terrell Owens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals owner upset with Terrell Owens

Terrell Owens is on pace to collect on $1 million worth of incentives in his contract, but he infuriated coaches and teammates with comments on his Versus reality show that the 2-11 Bengals were “underachieving from the top down.” That included owner Mike Brown, the coaches and then the players before circling back to the coaching staff. — Fox

NFL Week 15 Countdown to Kickoff - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Owens to me was always an over-rated ego-maniac

Comment

Originally posted by moondog22 View Post
      Owens to me was always an over-rated ego-maniac
      While I dont disagree with the ego-maniac portion of this. I do seem to think that calling Owens over-rated is a little harsh. He is top 15 in most major receiving catagories...

Receptions - 13th
      Yards - 11th
      TD's - T-9th
      20+ yd Rec - T-10th
      Yds/game - 14th
      1st Dn Rec - T-11th

All of this from a 37 year old receiver. If you want to argue that he isnt worth the drama he brings then we have a different discussion. These stats place him as a solid #1 receiver.

PK
      No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Terrell Owens showed 'I can still play'

Terrell Owens showed 'I can still play'
        Receiver has big goals for 2011 but probably won't return to Bengals

Four days after having season-ending surgery, Terrell Owens was back in the Bengals locker room as he continued his rehab while also pondering his future.

Owens said he has been in town for a couple days since he had surgery in Birmingham, Ala., to repair a torn meniscus. Owens said he expects to be full-go by the end of January, and said he will remain in Cincinnati until the middle of next week.

Owens said he planned to attend the Bengals' home finale on Sunday against San Diego and would also be on Tuesday's T.Ocho Show on Versus. He missed last week's episode after the surgery.

Owens said that he should be ready to join a team's offseason conditioning program whenever that would begin, depending on what happens in pending labor talks.

Owens, who turned 37 on Dec. 7, finished the season 17 yards short of his 10th 1,000-yard season, which would have had him join Jerry Rice and Randy Moss as the only players to accomplish that.

He finished with 983 yards and nine touchdowns.

"I mean, it's disappointing, considering in the last few games I had opportunities and I wasn't getting the ball for whatever reason," said Owens about not reaching 1,000 yards. "You get that close and know that you should have had it but what can you do? Nothing. There's always next year. Me being put in the right situation I know it's achievable."

Terrell Owens showed 'I can still play' | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

Comment

Working...
        X