Jayson werth signs with nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayson werth signs with nationals

Wow did not know that the nats would be players n the free agent market this year,very nice pick up from them
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

so glad he signed with the nats. I didnt want the sox getting him not for that price waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to high. overrated IMO
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

18 million a year for werth ?????????

Comment

Like the Nation's capital hasn't wasted enough money this year...
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

nationals throwing that kind of money at wearth?...so how much are pujols and cargo going to be getting next 300m?

Comment

As a Nats fan I like the signing, but not for the years and money. And in no way does he come close to replacing what they lost with Dunn's departure.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
              As a Nats fan I like the signing, but not for the years and money. And in no way does he come close to replacing what they lost with Dunn's departure.
              werth is a solid player but IMO hasnt proven to be a year in and year out stud worth that kinda coin or that amount of years.
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                werth is a solid player but IMO hasnt proven to be a year in and year out stud worth that kinda coin or that amount of years.
                Exactly. I'm glad they're at least trying to do something though. But I love this quote from Sandy Alderson: "It makes some of our contracts look pretty good," Alderson said. "That's a long time and a lot of money. I thought they were trying to reduce the deficit in Washington."

This coming from an organization that is paying Jason Bay $80 million for four years and Carlos Beltran $17 mil a year to play in 50 games. Oh and will begin paying Bobby Bonilla $1.9 mil a year until 2034 next season to not play. The Mets should never speak out about contracts ever.

Comment

I'm not against a sub-par team over-spending some money on a solid player. But 7 years is a bad contract when the player is 31. They're gonna get 3 years of max value and that's it.

I guess it's better than trying to trade for a player when you are as bad as the Nats

PK
                  No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

This is the worse contract I have seen since SF gave Barry Zito $126 million for 7 years. How has that worked for SF. The Nationals will be paying Werth $18 million a year in a few years for mediocre production. Don't get it.

Comment

They said on the radio this morning that it is the 13th richest contract in mlb history is werth even a top 200 player in mlb history?

Comment

I still can't believe what this guy was paid. Based on what? His best numbers came in Philly where the dimensions were tiny and he had protection all around him in the lineup and now, he goes to a place twice as big and with no protection around him in the lineup???

Don't understand why the Nats didn't pay a 40 HR guy and very popular player in Dunn for 1/2 the Werth money that he ended up costing, and use the other 9-10 million on another solid player to go with him. Makes NO SENSE to me.

WTF IS UP NATS!

Comment

Yea seriously, what a joke. Werth is pretty good, not worth that kinda money, especially since he's 31 and it's a 7 year contract, the end of the contract is going to be horrible.

Comment

They let Dunn walk and his numbers destroy Werth's. He's also younger and would have taken less money and years. From what I've read, ownership pushed this more than Rizzo the GM. Shocking an owner in DC meddling...

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
                              They let Dunn walk and his numbers destroy Werth's. He's also younger and would have taken less money and years. From what I've read, ownership pushed this more than Rizzo the GM. Shocking an owner in DC meddling...
                              The more i see Werth's numbers and look at that contract, i'm just stunned!!!

I think he could be a big flop .............. as early as next year. All the pressure in the world is gonna be on this guy to carry the whole team now and i just don't see it happening. Didn't he only hit 28 HR's in Philly this year? Those numbers will be closer to 18-20 in Washington .............. and for 18 million. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Boras absolutely RAPED the Nats and i hope Werth signed that deal with a ski mask and gloves on because he stole it!

Comment

Working...
                              X