No announcement yet.

Yanks/Rangers...Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks/Rangers...Am I missing something?

Yanks are -175 to beat the Rangers. Pitching match-ups:

Gm 1: CC/Wilson
    Gm 2: Hughes/Lewis
    Gm 3: Pettite/CL
    Gm 4: Burnett/Hunter
    Gm 5: CC/Wilson
    Gm 6: Hughes/Lewis
    Gm 7: Pettite/CL

Other than CL, who on this Rangers staff scares you? IMO, CC/Wilson and Hughes/Lewis are huge pitching advantages in favor of the Yankees. Yes, Burnett has been bad this year, but Tommy Hunter opposing him in Yankees Stadium doesn't exactly inspire confidence if I'm a Rangers fan. Also, unless this series goes 7, CL is only gonna start 1 game in the series.

Any thoughts on why exactly the Rangers have a better chance (according to Vegas at +155) at beating the Yanks than the Giants do (+210) of beating the Phillies (-250)? Someone please fill me in on what I'm missing IRT this Yanks/Rangers series.

home field advantage!

Comment

Yanks N 5 Or Less ....
      Phillies May Sweep .....

Phillies Over Yanks Am Thinking

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
        Yanks are -175 to beat the Rangers. Pitching match-ups:

Gm 1: CC/Wilson
        Gm 2: Hughes/Lewis
        Gm 3: Pettite/CL
        Gm 4: Burnett/Hunter
        Gm 5: CC/Wilson
        Gm 6: Hughes/Lewis
        Gm 7: Pettite/CL

Other than CL, who on this Rangers staff scares you? IMO, CC/Wilson and Hughes/Lewis are huge pitching advantages in favor of the Yankees. Yes, Burnett has been bad this year, but Tommy Hunter opposing him in Yankees Stadium doesn't exactly inspire confidence if I'm a Rangers fan. Also, unless this series goes 7, CL is only gonna start 1 game in the series.

Any thoughts on why exactly the Rangers have a better chance (according to Vegas at +155) at beating the Yanks than the Giants do (+210) of beating the Phillies (-250)? Someone please fill me in on what I'm missing IRT this Yanks/Rangers series.
        The Yankees and Texas did divide their eight games this year, and although the Yankees as usual disposed of their punching bag team, the Twins, in three straght, the Yankees played lousy down the stretch, while Texas played better, just defeated the Rays, and won all three at Tampa(while losing the two in Texas).
        I think all things considered, the line is just about right, and that it could turn out to be a long and entertaining series.
        That said, I am not betting the series at least for now nor tonight's game.
        jmho

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Greek View Post
          Yanks N 5 Or Less ....
          Phillies May Sweep .....

Phillies Over Yanks Am Thinking
          As much as I'd obviously like a Phils sweep, no way. People are underestimating the Giants. As I've stated on here before (help me out here Wayne...lol), the Phils offense is streaky as hell, didn't hit for shit in the NLDS, and this Giants rotation/BP can easily shut them down.

Comment

Yes

U obviously did

Comment

Originally posted by plandbill View Post
              U obviously did
              You were saying?

Comment

Working...
              X