Phillies Are The World Series Favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
    I certainly do, but they both have to win their series first. I could be mistaken, but the 1st rd of the MLB playoffs never seem to go as scripted. Unlike 95% of Phillies fans and the national media, I'm not writing the Reds off by any means. I actually think there's a good chance the series goes 5 games.
    Yeah I didn't mean to say that beating the Reds is a given, but the Phillies rotation dominates the Reds rotation matching up (of course anything can happen) but the Giants match up well with Lincecum Cain and Sanchez..was just looking past the Braves and Reds to the team that matches up against the Phils the best

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      People are forgetting the National League has home field advantage this year.

This has been a huge edge for the AL in the past. (last eight years in a row AL had home field).
      It actually hasn't been that big a deal or advantage at all. No series has gone to a deciding game 7 since 2002 and 3 of the last 6 were sweeps, meaning 2 were home and 2 were away. Two of the other 3 were decided in 5. Home field in reality, doesn't mean jack shit in baseball. It is by far the least important of the 4 major sports. Starting pitching and a fairly good offense, that is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        It actually hasn't been that big a deal or advantage at all. No series has gone to a deciding game 7 since 2002 and 3 of the last 6 were sweeps, meaning 2 were home and 2 were away. Two of the other 3 were decided in 5. Home field in reality, doesn't mean jack shit in baseball. It is by far the least important of the 4 major sports. Starting pitching and a fairly good offense, that is what matters.
        That is why(homefield advantage) I strongly believe that at least subconsciously if not consciously the Yankees wanted to finish second so that they could play Minnesota in the first round-I read today that since 2002 the Yankees record against Minnesota is 54-18.
        It is no wonder for the last few weeks in the games against the Sox and other teams it appeared that at least some of the Yankees were playing as if they were sleepwalking and/or just going through the motions.
        The Yanks for the most part a seasoned veterans and I think having an opponent which they feel they can handle in the first round is a lot more important to them than home field advantage.
        Last edited by savage1; 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Here are the updated odds-the only sure thing is that if you think that one of the longshots has chance of at least getting to the WS, you bet on them and they do get there, you will be golden with the hedging opportunities you will have:

ODDS TO WIN 2010 MLB WORLD SERIES
          14002 ATLANTA BRAVES

+1350
          14007 CINCINNATI REDS

+1460
          14017 MINNESOTA TWINS

+1010
          14019 NEW YORK YANKEES

+310
          14021 PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

+140
          14025 SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

+860
          14027 TAMPA BAY RAYS

+480
          14028 TEXAS RANGERS

+570

10:35 AM TO WIN 2010 AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT
          14042 MINNESOTA TWINS

+435
          14043 NEW YORK YANKEES

+155
          14046 TAMPA BAY RAYS

+230
          14047 TEXAS RANGERS

+260

10:35 AM TO WIN 2010 NATIONAL LEAGUE PENNANT
          14054 ATLANTA BRAVES

+545
          14056 CINCINNATI REDS

+515
          14063 PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

14067 SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

+375

Matchup Info SuperGrid Preview

Comment

Yankees +435 to win the AL?

Comment

Scratch that, I was reading it wrong..idiot.....anyway, taking Cliff Lee in the opener vs. a bunch of below avg. hitters (in terms of BA)

Comment

Now I understand one of the big reasons why Phillies are the favorite to win the WS.
                What a truly magnificent and masterful performance!

Comment

Working...
                X