No announcement yet.

Think your Team will win the Superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think your Team will win the Superbowl?

19 out of the last 20 Superbowl winners had OYPP (offensive yards per point) LESS THAN 15.0, the only exception being the 2000 Ravens (15.06).

In fact, 18 of 20 were LESS THAN 14.50 ('93 Cowboys 14.93).

When looking ahead to who the potential SB winner will be, keep an eye on those teams with 0YPP of LESS THAN 14.50. Unless, of course, your favorite team has a '85 Bears or '00 Ravens Defense.

-dt

2000 Ravens could not be run on and had Ray Lewis in his prime.

One of the best defenses ever when you consider how horrid the offense was that year.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

The Ravens Offense was not great, but they were EFFICIENT, as shown by a "respectable" 15.06 OYPP, which is better than the NFL's 10-year average of 15.31 (the lower the better).

-dt

Comment

An interesting concept, but I'm not sure it would have a higher correlation than points/play for example. Does the OYPP include points scored by the defense as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
          An interesting concept, but I'm not sure it would have a higher correlation than points/play for example. Does the OYPP include points scored by the defense as well?
          There's probably a number of statistics that correlate to the Superbowl winners. I like the OYPP because it incorporates red zone efficiency, defense, special teams, penalties, and turnovers. It's pretty comprehensive.

dt

Comment

Working...
          X