• Should Reggie Bush loose his Heisman Trophy

I say no, it's not like he cheated and took steroids
    Yes
    45.83%
    No
    20.83%
    Who Cares
    33.33%
    Last edited by ToDaClub; 09-08-2010, 11:06 AM.

yes he should. Ineligible means ineligible to play.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      yes he should. Ineligible means ineligible to play.
      How many Athletes/Heisman winners do you think have gone through college without getting some sort of benefit from a booster or the University? I'd say very few, I think this could open "Pandora's Box"

Comment

I say no and not because others didn't get caught.
        He performed on the field just like Pete Rose did and IMO Pete belongs in the Hall. A lot of people won't put someone in the hall or many want to strip a player of his Heisman like bush for off the field antics.

That is one point of view.. My point of view is he was the best player in 2005 and should keep the trophy. If the Heisman committee thing by setting an example this will deter other athletes it won't.

I understand where people may say he should be stripped of it.
        But in my eyes he won the trophy for being on the field and not what he did off of it.

Comment

Who cares...................wait that is what i voted.................i must care

i must be crazy
          1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

If he was found to be ineligible then he should lose it.

Can I go to Lottery headquarters and tell them to pay me out the jackpot even though I didnt buy a ticket ??

P.S.: IMO the Heisman is a joke award anyway. Nothing more than a popularity contest nowadays.
            Last edited by insidethe8thpol; 09-08-2010, 11:48 AM.
            He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Absolutly NO. The award is for the best Athlete of the season. He was the best! Anyhting he did off the field did not cause him to be the best, he was the best on his own true talent...He didnt take roids, he didnt take enhancements...He should keep it

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  Yes
                  No

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                      How many Athletes/Heisman winners do you think have gone through college without getting some sort of benefit from a booster or the University? I'd say very few, I think this could open "Pandora's Box"
                      That isn't the question though. Who knows, that is all speculation and this isn't.

The wins were erased from the books, along with the stats. Enough said, if they don't count than the Heisman shouldn't either. Can you name another Heisman winner who was declared ineligible at the time of winning? I can't.

If the school and all his teammates are penalized for his actions, shouldn't he be too? Why do they all get screwed and the one who caused it all gets to keep his trophy? Are you kidding me???

Comment

That isn't the question though. Who knows, that is all speculation and this isn't.

The wins were erased from the books, along with the stats. Enough said, if they don't count than the Heisman shouldn't either. Can you name another Heisman winner who was declared ineligible at the time of winning? I can't.

If the school and all his teammates are penalized for his actions, shouldn't he be too? Why do they all get screwed and the one who caused it all gets to keep his trophy? Are you kidding me???
                        I just think he deserved to be called the best player of that year. Yes he got money, USC prolly knew, but he was voted the best player. So the NCAA took away the wins, he was still the best player and I think they shouldn't take that away from him. And yes, I think like Bryce, Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame. And just for the record, I hate USC, like I hate the Yankees. I like the underdogs.

Comment

He should not even been playing club. Best player or not. Peyton manning would probably be the best player in cfb if he played this year too but he is also ineligible. Do you not get that part?

Comment

He should not even been playing club. Best player or not. Peyton manning would probably be the best player in cfb if he played this year too but he is also ineligible. Do you not get that part?
                            My logic may be poor based on the fact that I hate the NCAA. I have a child who is a college student athlete, and the rules they make suck! So I may hate the NCAA so much I don't agree with anything they say, do, or regulate. If they say black, I say white. I will stick with let it go, let him keep his trophy. They awarded it to the best player that year. He was elgible at the time. The NCAA and Heisman are 2 different entities. I hope he keeps it just to stick it up the ass of the NCAA.

Comment

Forget the ncaa for a minute. So the guy who screwed the whole school and teammates over should get to keep his hardware even though his actions stripped the rest of the team of everything that year???

Comment

Working...
                              X