Kasey Kahne to Red Bull Racing in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasey Kahne to Red Bull Racing in 2011

Red Bull Racing not sure if Kahne will replace Scott Speed or Brian Vickers or if they will add a 3rd car. This kind of tells me that they are waiting to see if Vickers will be cleared to race. I have heard that they are waiting to make that decision sometime in November. If Vickers is cleared, look for Red Bull to add a 3rd car in 2011.

I'm confused kb. Wasn't kahne supposed to be going to hendricks to replace martin?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      I'm confused kb. Wasn't kahne supposed to be going to hendricks to replace martin?
      Yes, but not until 2012 after Martin's contract expires next year. Hendrick signed Kahne so another team wouldn't tie him up for a multi year deal, so I'm a little confused in that respect as to if Hendrick will be paying Kahne's contract or not next year, with Red Bull just supporting the equipment???

Comment

I think Hendrick was banking on Martin to "Do the right thing" and retire and give Kasey the 5 car.Martin is sticking to his guns and is staying put though.

Comment

I thought mark said all along he would drive next year. I just thought he would sign a 1 or 2 year deal with stewart haas or somebody else and kahne would jump in that 5 car?

Comment

I thought mark said all along he would drive next year. I just thought he would sign a 1 or 2 year deal with stewart haas or somebody else and kahne would jump in that 5 car?
            He made it very clear he was going to drive next year but Martin has always done whats best for all people involved and I think deep down Hendrick felt like Martin would come to him and say "You need to give Kasey the 5 and I will either retire or run my last year somwhere else".Martin hasn't done that and it doesn't look like he will so Hendrick is kinda stuck IMO

Comment

Vols fan u are 100% correct.,If i was martin i would not give up my last chance at a championship either.That 5 car will be on a rail next year.
              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Who do you guys think would have a better season in 2011 driving the 5? Martin or Kahne??

Comment

who do you guys think would have a better season in 2011 driving the 5? Martin or kahne??
                  kahne 100%

Comment

Who do you guys think would have a better season in 2011 driving the 5? Martin or Kahne??
                    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                      If i was martin i would not give up my last chance at a championship either.That 5 car will be on a rail next year.
                      What makes you think that? He is on the bubble to make the chase and isn't nowhere near a championship contender.I'm telling you if me and you are running Hendrick behind closed doors we say "we gave the old man a chance and now he needs to move on". Martin will not do nothing in 2011 that will make Hendrick any better in the future. If Kasey runs the 5 in 2011 it helps Hendricks future alot.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                        Martin
                        Look what Kahne has done with the little horsepower Petty is giving him.Wait till he gets in a hendrick car. Mark Martin had his big chance with Gustafson last year cause they really had that car dialed in.Then the spoiler comes back and its like they have to start over and it might be another year before they figure it out. Why waste that time on Martin and let Kahne drive it.

Comment

I don't hate Martin but IMO if he don't win a championship next year then it was a waste of time. kahne could have had an extra year in that car.Lets face it Kahne is the future of Hendrick not Martin. Martin will get alot of respect if he goes to Red Bull and lets Kahne have the 5 car.

Comment

Isn't Petty getting his engines from Yates now like Roush?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                              Isn't Petty getting his engines from Yates now like Roush?
                              Yes and Yates sucked and got out of the sport and Roush has sucked for the most part too.Until the last couple weeks that Biffle has started running good Kahne was the only Ford that even could run with Chevy or Toyota.

Comment

Working...
                              X