Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dale Earnhardt story that should make you chuckle

I remember Rusty telling this one

Rusty Wallace was among those who was at the Goodyear tire test at Indy in 1992 _ the first time NASCAR ran any laps at the Brickyard. The test was designed to see if the cars could run on the track and drew thousands of fans.

As Wallace tells the story, he wanted to be the first one out on the track for the historic moment. So, he asked NASCAR if he could be the first car. NASCAR decided to have the cars get on to the track in numerical order. That meant Wallace, driving car No. 2, was the first out with Dale Earnhardt in his black 3 next. I'll let Wallace finish the story:

“I pulled out on to the track and I’m looking around and I’m going, “Wow this is great,’ ‘’ Wallace said. “They come down the backstretech and I hear this big noise and I’m like what in the world and here comes Earnhardt. Whoooom! Right past me at 200 mile an hour.

“I’m like that sucker is going to try to lead the first lap. So we come off of turn four and we’re side by side, we’re banging doors and he beats me to the line by about two car lengths. He said you were the first one on the track, I was the first one to lead a lap.’’

Great stuff

Comment

He was the man.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
        He was the man.
        He sure was pal

Thanks FIX

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
          He sure was pal

Thanks FIX
          I'm getting ready to rip your walker away and beat you over the head with it old man

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            I'm getting ready to rip your walker away and beat you over the head with it old man
            I say just pull his walker away and run.It will hurt him more hitting his head on the ground then it would getting hit by the walker

Comment

My favorite is this one

think it was at bristol or martinsville but dale wrecked someone of course not his fault and nascar decided to put dale 2 laps down.i remember him coming over the radio and telling his crew chief [think it was kirk shelmerdine ] tell nascar ,"dont pull on superman's cape"he got his 2 laps back"without the lucky dog back then" and won the race
              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

He also said 2nd place is the first place loser
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

He also said,"finishing races is important but racing is even more important.
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

This is my opinionand of course my opinion only but in that race that he passed away dale was not blocking for waltrip and jr.anyone that ever seen that man race knows he would have turned his mom in turn 4 to win the daytona 500.i think he was truly trying to lay back so that jr and waltrip would break away and the big freight train would pass them by with the #3 in front.the only thing that botheres me about that race is 2 things.

#1 earlier in the race #20 tony stewart had a terrible wreck and looked like he might be hurt and walks away without a scratch.then dale's wreck was bad but of course did not look as bad and at the time i remember me and my brother vols cheering that waltrip had won and that dale was a daytona 500 car owner not knowing the impact that he took.

#2 i hate it that gave a driver the finger the day he passed kinda left bad taste in my mouth that my favorite driver and idol did that on his last day alive
                    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                    0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                    X