• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels get Haren from D-backs for Saunders

Angels package Saunders for Haren

By Mark Saxon
    ESPNLosAngeles.com

The Los Angeles Angels acquired Dan Haren from the Arizona Diamondbacks for pitcher Joe Saunders, two minor league pitchers, left hander Patrick Corbin and right hander Rafael Rodriguez, and a player to be named.

A three-time All-Star, Haren has averaged 15 wins over the past five seasons and is 7-8 with a 4.60 ERA in 21 starts this year. He was tied for the NL lead with 141 strikeouts through Saturday's games.

Saunders was 6-10 with a 4.62 ERA in 20 starts for the Angels. Rodriguez appeared in one game this season, allowing a run and a hit in two innings.

Corbin, a 21-year-old left-hander, has spent the season in the lower levels of Los Angeles' system.

The Angels are six games back of the AL West-leading Texas Rangers.

great trade for the angles. If I were an angles fan I would be pretty happy with the way the front office has handled trades and what not. it seems that they're always making deals.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Haren has been suspect all year.. I think they gave up too much

Comment

Arizona got fleeced. May be too late for LA to catch Texas, though.

Comment

I love the move for Anaheim. Haren is a very good #2 to slip in behind Weaver and now to go with Santana too. They needed a stud pitcher badly and i think they got one. Playing for a very poor Arizona team made Haren look much worse than he actually is IMO.

Comment

Great move by the Angels imo

Comment

I agree with you wayne. I think LA knows that if they're gonna win anything this year it's going to be their pitching staff that has to carry them. They're not the same team as last year. I remember around this time last year 8 of their players were hitting 300 or above. The reason I think is because of the presence of Morales in the lineup, and since he's gone down their bats have dropped off. Just look at Abreu, he's hitting around 250, and he's a career 295 or 300 hitter. They know that their bats are down, and now that they have Haren, they have a good one-two punch, plus he knows the division because of the time he spent in Oakland. With that being said I still like the Rangers and have them at 8-1 to win it all.
              "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Haren hurt in Angels debut
                By Mark Saxon
                ESPNLosAngeles.com

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Dan Haren had to leave his first start with the Los Angeles Angels after his right forearm was struck by a Kevin Youkilis line drive.

Haren, whom the Angels acquired Sunday for pitcher Joe Saunders, two minor leaguers and a player to be named, left the field along with manager Mike Scioscia and trainer Rick Smith. He was replaced by reliever Francisco Rodriguez, who retired David Ortiz on a deep fly ball to left.

After the ball struck him, Haren chased after it, but it wound up as an infield hit. After that, he fell to his knees in pain.

Haren pitched 4 2/3 innings, allowing two runs on seven hits, including an Ortiz home run. He struck out eight batters.

Comment

Working...
                X