Steven Strasburg is -200 in his first MLB Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Strasburg is -200 in his first MLB Start

I know he's pitching against Pitt, but I think the line is a bit inflated. I'm not gonna touch it, but I do look forward to watching him go today.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

It's now up to -210. This line does seem a little outrageous for his first career start. I'm actually going to the game, and want to be rooting for him along with everybody else, otherwise I think I would be loading up on the Pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by violivei12 View Post
      It's now up to -210. This line does seem a little outrageous for his first career start. I'm actually going to the game, and want to be rooting for him along with everybody else, otherwise I think I would be loading up on the Pirates.
      Yea way too much juice for a first start. I'll be there too and I can't wait. It's going to be a really fun day and evening!

Comment

I agree--seasoned veterans are not even a -215 favorite versus the Pirates.
        Silva opened up against the bucs yesterday as a -148 favorite and the guy was 7-0 before yesterday's start. I guess it doesn't help the line any with Karstens on the mound for the buccos who in three games against Washington has a 9.35 ERA. Still this line is inflated.

Comment

line is very high for SS, in my own weird way that is why i like the nats play even more.

Comment

i hope he get bombed tonight,its a joke for him to be at this price.the pirates can hit and will hit him.they have hit and beat the best in the nl so who the hell is this rookie to be a price like that with a team like washington no less.he even lost his last start to syracuse,what a joke,take the bucs if you want to win money on this game
            sigpic

Comment

I like the over 4.5 first 5.

Comment

by the way,made a typing mistake,that should say buffalo in stead of syracuse,its obvious he plays for syracuse
                sigpic

Comment

doesn't he usually only pitch like 5 innings anyways? that's only half a game...i didn't touch it and good luck to him...

Comment

really dealing tonite...11 K's through 6 IP and only 81 pitches...very impressive, even if it is against the pirates...

Comment

Looks like Vegas was right and we were wrong.

Go figure...I know it's only one start, but does anyone have any questions about this guy?

Comment

Great call. I had a blast. Absolute stud performance. Crowd was electric. Best time ive had at a DC game in years.

Comment

When I was out there for 6 months, I went to a couple games...awesome park, terrible atmosphere...I'm sure it was different tonight...moving back out that way in Aug so I'm looking fwd to actually being able to attend games again!

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                            When I was out there for 6 months, I went to a couple games...awesome park, terrible atmosphere...I'm sure it was different tonight...moving back out that way in Aug so I'm looking fwd to actually being able to attend games again!
                            The atmosphere won't always be great with all the transients that just come out to games for something to do but every 5 days at least for now it'll be awesome. You'll always have fun at Phils games here though with all the fans here from Philly...But for old time DC fans like me it was a chance to see that the future is really bright here.

Comment

Yep, I went to 2 Phillies games and as I'm sure you know, the ratio of fans was kinda crazy. Like I said though, I really liked the park.

Comment

Working...
                              X