Jim Joyce Apologizes For The Call On Armando Galarraga's Perfect Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Joyce Apologizes For The Call On Armando Galarraga's Perfect Game

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I have a hunch that somehow because of the unusual circumstances, the head honchos in the League are going to find a way to justify reversing the call and give him the Perfect Game.

Comment

Through it all, this kid Armando Gallaraga has been a 100% class act. I mean wow.... Im shocked at the kind of maturity and professionalism he has shown given the circumstances. Gallaraga apparently walked out the line up card to Jim Joyce today as another sign of his professionalism, given what was at stake here. I wish all athletes were as stand up as Armando.
      Last edited by bwade210; 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM.
      5* 0-0
      4* 0-0
      3* 1-0
      2* 1-0
      1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

He might gain more fame for having a blown call perfect game than actually getting the perfect game, especially since there's already been 2 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
          He might gain more fame for having a blown call perfect game than actually getting the perfect game, especially since there's already been 2 this year.
          Perhaps in the same way that they initially put an asterisk next to Roger Maris's name when he broke the Babe 60 home runs in one season because he had 162 games to do it and the Babe only 154, they should credit Galarraga with the Perfect Game in the record books with an asterisk stating that it was not an official Perfect Game because of an admitted error by the ump. with two outs in the ninth inning.

Comment

I have to give props to both guys on how they handled this....it could have easily got very ugly and very violent. The ump owned it even though he could have said his view was blocked, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
              very good point!

Comment

Originally posted by bwade210 View Post
                Through it all, this kid Armando Gallaraga has been a 100% class act. I mean wow.... Im shocked at the kind of maturity and professionalism he has shown given the circumstances. Gallaraga apparently walked out the line up card to Jim Joyce today as another sign of his professionalism, given what was at stake here. I wish all athletes were as stand up as Armando.
                i agree...i would be pissed but he has been top-notch professional about this whole thing...very impressive...

Comment

Working...
                X