McNabb is a goner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb is a goner

I will preface this thread by saying that I am a season ticket holder to the Birds. They have been awesome in the Reid-McNabb era. But...............................

Today the team traded Sheldon Brown to Denver. This may signal the end is near for Donovan as the rumored deal is that Asomunga for McNabb.

Here is my take on McNabb as I feel it is a time for a change:

I understand that all outsiders will say give him his due and Philly fans are too quick to judge. Sure, it is not all his fault that the team did not win a Super Bowl but here is why I think a change is needed.

1- Creativity. Everyone will agree that he has never been the most accurate passer in the league. When he was young, he overcame this by running for first downs. Now, he can barely outrun most defensive lineman.

2- Inaccurate.
    Kind of goes hand and hand with # 1 but he is not very accurate. There are too many times when he will throw behind receivers, throw into the ground. I would rather see him throw more INTs because that would mean he is taking chances rather than dumping off. There are only so many chances in a game and to throw some away is a tough pill to swallow. Rumor has it that my season tickets will drop in price as they do not have to resurface the field after every home game anymore.

3- Bad reads.
    It is really noticable when you are at the game. There are wideopen recievers down the field on both sides, yet he constantly dumps the ball off to the back after looking everyone off. Sure, he has only had a few #1s throughout his career but when they are open, get them the ball. And when is that last time that you saw him on the sideline looking at photos rather than staring at his helmut?

4- The Brady / Rodgers factor.
    Make no mistake about it, Kolb is going to be the man! This guy has a cannon. Do you realize that he is the only QB in NFL history to throw for over 350 yards in his first 2 starts? Do you think that NE or GB wish they would have kept Favre or Bledsoe?

5- A Leader
    The should be #1 but I will save the best for last. When is the last time that you have heard McNabb say "My fault"? NEVER. The excuse last year was "We have a young team and we will get better". The fumbles, the puking, the fake guitar hero. Get pissed off when you miss a deep threat rather than smiling and pumping your chest.
    A quarterback is the leader and should take responsibility for both wins and losses.

Again, I think McNabb has been a great Eagle but if this team wants to win a championship, it needs to change something that it has been doing the past 11 years.

Feel free to disagree but this is my opinion.
    Am I the longest tenured BC member?

I think Kolb is gonna be REALLY good anyway!!!!

Comment

zeib, i'm a big eagles fan also, i agree with your points 1, 2, and 3 but let's also remember this guy came from syracuse where he ran the option, he was lucky if he threw it 3 times a game, so whatever passing game he has, he developed it in the NFL, that's pretty impressive for a "running" QB. of course i agree he's not very accurate. I do agree with you that they need a change in that locker room though, a change is needed.

#4 we disagree on. I followed Kolb throughout college and i don't know why everyone thinks he will be better than mcnabb. Only time will tell but i think the eagles stay the same or get worse with kolb. Now that the eagles have the best receiving core they have had since mcnabb has been there, i would like to see 1 more year but i guess that core should help anyone who is QB for the team.

#5 Zeib you may not like the guy and you may want change but Mcnabb has to be one of the top 10 class acts in the league, last year was a weird year for him (i agree with you) personality wise but every other year in the past he has showed up to his post games and taken all the blame, he might not use the wording "my fault" but he says that loss was all on me or something to that effect. Not last year but every other year he HAS been a leader.

11 seasons played, 8 playoff appearances out of those 11 years, 5 NFC championship games, and a super bowl appearance, i know you know this your an eagles fan, my point is you think kolb can do that...or better ? well i am an eagles fan so if kolb is what we are left with i hope he can do better !

whatever happens GO BIRDS ! (p.s i'm jealous of your season ticks zeib) LOL

Comment

Working...
      X