NFL Division Playoff Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Division Playoff Analysis

My only play might be on Dallas...I will post later. Analysis on other games below. My math system has the Jets and Ravens.

N.O. versus Arizona-No Play
    This is going to be a good game and too tough to call. Neither team can run the ball effectively, but both running defenses are bad (Saints 24th ,Cards 23rd). It's all about the pass game here. Both teams pass defenses are just as bad (Saints 26th, Cards 24th). My Supersystem has the Saints as 10 point favs. In a game that is going to be back and forth and the Saints limping into the playoffs I would lean with the Cards plus the points, but don't like them enough to put money on them. The Superdome is going to be rocking and it's hard to bet against the Saints there.

Indy versus Balt-No Play
    Baltimore should be able to run the ball (they were 4th in the NFL averaging 4.3 YPR) versus a Colts D that allows 4.3 YPR. Indy has no run game (dead last in the NFL) and this will continue because the Ravens are first in running D. It's going to come down to if the Ravens can stop Manning. The Ravens' pass D was 8th in the league and have been playing well the last few weeks. My Supersystem has this game at a pick 'em which would make the Ravens a play. This one is too close to call, but I think the Colts win this in a close game.

Minnesota versus Dallas
    Possible play please check before gametime

S.D. versus New York Jets-No Play
    I was surprised when I looked at the stats in this one. The Jets actually have a slight edge. Diego is last in the NFL in rushing offense and the Jets are 8th in rushing D. So the Chargers will have to throw to score, which they are good at (1st in YPPA), but the Jets are first in pass D. My Supersystem has a play on the Jets, it has the line only at SD -2.5. The Jets are first in the league in rushing and will face a SD defense that is 20th in the league at stopping the run. I can't back a rookie QB on the road against the hottest team in the league right now so I am staying away from this one.
    Check out all of my past picks at www.Byeweekpicks.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Byeweekpicks

2014 NFL Record: 36-30-1 (55%), +5.5 units

2013 NFL Record: 34-26-1 (57%)

2012 NFL Record: 41-30-2 (58%)
    +9 units (1unit=6% of bankroll)

2011 NFL record: 34-25-2 (58%)
    +3.4 units

2010 NFL Record: 29-16-2 (64%)
    +15.1 units

2009 NFL Record: 37-24-4 (61%)
    +16.3 units

2008 NFL Record: 39-24-3 (62%)
    +16.8 Units

2007 NFL Record: 42-27-2 (61%)
    +14.7 Units

Thanks for the input...GL if you play anything!!!
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I have Ray Rice on fantasy foots....very disappointing. Hope he will break a long one. Enjoyed reading your thoughts above!

Comment

1* Dallas +3 over Minn
        Teams that are hot usually keep on rolling in the playoffs…and Dallas is steaming right now. I think Romo is going to be able to pass easily against a Minnesota pass D that allows 220 YPG. Minnesota won’t be able to run the ball (they are 22nd in the league) versus a Dallas D that allows only 91 YPG (4th). This will put the pressure on Favre. He has only thrown 7 picks this year, yet he has averaged 17/year throughout his career. I think he throws 2 or 3 today when he tries to force the ball. How ‘bout them Cowboys!
        Check out all of my past picks at www.Byeweekpicks.com
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/Byeweekpicks

2014 NFL Record: 36-30-1 (55%), +5.5 units

2013 NFL Record: 34-26-1 (57%)

2012 NFL Record: 41-30-2 (58%)
        +9 units (1unit=6% of bankroll)

2011 NFL record: 34-25-2 (58%)
        +3.4 units

2010 NFL Record: 29-16-2 (64%)
        +15.1 units

2009 NFL Record: 37-24-4 (61%)
        +16.3 units

2008 NFL Record: 39-24-3 (62%)
        +16.8 Units

2007 NFL Record: 42-27-2 (61%)
        +14.7 Units

Comment

good luck with tha Cowgrils today, Rocky!

Comment

Good luck Rocco. That's the side I was looking at too.

Comment

Working...
            X