2010 Red Sox Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Red Sox Poll

This question is for Sox fans especially, but anyone is free to answer it.
    The question is simple:
    In view of all of the moves made so far, how do you see the Sox doing next year?
    I will go first:
    I am pessimistic at least for the coming season.
    First of all, I don't think they spent the money wisely, and I think there will be a big power outage this year and their home record will suffer especially in spite of adding Lackey.
    I think they will trail the Yanks by 8 games or more by the All Star Game(it pains me to say it) and will win arond 91 or 92 games and not make the playoffs.
    Even if I am wrong, I would be shocked with all of the bew faces and missing ones, if they get off to a good start like last year.

they will finish 2nd in the AL east about 8-10games back of NYY.

IMO the sox are waiting for 2010-11 off season. Lots of big names out there next year.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
      they will finish 2nd in the AL east about 8-10games back of NYY.

IMO the sox are waiting for 2010-11 off season. Lots of big names out there next year.
      I tend to agree with that although the SOX would never admit to that, as season is considered by some Sox fans as a failure if they don't win the WS or at least make the playoffs.

Comment

I think they'll finish behind the Yankees, but still make the playoffs. Who else is any good, the Twins? I mean come on. They're not gonna beat the Yankees, but they're lot better off than the Angels.

Comment

This has been a HORRIBLE offseason as a Sox fan. I don't even want to get started on how fuckin DISGUSTED i am with this team and the moves they have made. It is absolutely SICKENING to me .........

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            This has been a HORRIBLE offseason as a Sox fan. I don't even want to get started on how fuckin DISGUSTED i am with this team and the moves they have made. It is absolutely SICKENING to me .........
            We certainly agree on this one.
            I don't think they have plugged up the holes in the offense enough, and laugh if you want(anyone), but judging by his lousy era in his career pitching at Fenway, last year notwithstanding, I am not convinced over a 162 game season, he is going to be as good as most folks seem to think.
            I hope I am wrong, but the Sox haven't had a mediocre year(by their standards) in a while-it may happen this season.

Comment

Working...
            X