Why No Face Mask Call in the Green Bay Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why No Face Mask Call in the Green Bay Game

Did anyone else see a face mask on Arron Rodgers on the last play of the game. The blitzer, Michael Adams appeared to grab his face mask and drag him to the ground just as he lost the ball. I thought a face mask penalty should have been called but I haven't heard anyone mention it. Did it happen or am I dreamingt. Just wondering.

yeah...i wondered the same thing.....

why did rodgers kick the ball up.......

Comment

The pass interference call against zona was worse

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
        Did anyone else see a face mask on Arron Rodgers on the last play of the game. The blitzer, Michael Adams appeared to grab his face mask and drag him to the ground just as he lost the ball. I thought a face mask penalty should have been called but I haven't heard anyone mention it. Did it happen or am I dreamingt. Just wondering.

From my viewpoint it didnt appear to ba a grab Just his hand brushing down it

Comment

There seemed to be a lot of "blows to the head" against both QBs that went uncalled in this game.
          The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LeRoy View Post
            From my viewpoint it didnt appear to ba a grab Just his hand brushing down it
            Watch this clip. Still think is's a "brush"?
            Packers-Cardinals Game Ends in Officiating Controversy -- NFL FanHouse
            You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Amazing how incompetent some of these officials are. What are there 6/7 officials on the field and not one of them sees this penalty, yet earlier this year the Ravens got called for 2 roughing the passer penalties for breathing on Brady. I don't blame the Packers and their fans for being pissed off. It should have been first and 10 for GB on their 40 yard line. Would have been interesting to see what happened from there.

Comment

Game over, Cardinals won. Officals let go worse situations, and probably could have called holding on every pass play by both q/b. Again, game over. Come this weekend, it's R.I.P. for Jet's

Comment

What worse calls do they let go. This isn't a judgement call like pass interference or holding. That was a blatant face mask penalty. It would be like the play clock hitting zero and they snap the ball 3 seconds later and not call a delay of game penalty. It's black and white no debate about it. I didn't have a dog in the fight so I didn't care who won the game. Just saying it's a shame to get knocked out of the playoffs because of incompetent officials

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr View Post
                    Upon further review of watching the clip the Ref appeared to be watching the fumble and missed the face mask GRAB he fucked up. I stand corrected on it being a brush

Comment

Officials only have two eyes. The referee's job during a play is to watch all action involving the QB and behind the line of scrimmage. Once the ball got jarred loose it's his job to A. determine whether it is a fumble or an incompletion and 2. watch the ball to determine who recovers. If he had third and fourth eyes he could have seen this, but with how reffing assignments go it wasn't possible. Plus, after watching the replay, I don't think it should be a flag anyway. The defender grabbed the facemack but he didn't tug or twist profusely. When the 5 yard facemask penalty went out a couple years ago and they only left the 15 yarder, that meant that the pulling, tugging, etc had to go to the level of a 15 yaarder to be called, and what was once a 5 yarder was now a no call. If there was any call here it "should" have been the old 5 yarder, but since that doesn't exist no call would have been correct in my opinion even if the ref had seen it.
                      Last edited by ULikeApples; 01-11-2010, 11:36 AM.
                      O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

It doesn't have to be a twist or a violent tug for the referee to call it. I have seen face mask penalties called all year where a defender barely brushed the face-mask so the amount of violence involved is a moot point. As for the referee only having 2 eyes, what about the other 12 eyes on the field. The referee isn't the only one who could have made the call.

Comment

I wouldn't have called it.

Comment

sometimes they miss calls! he was prolly behind him or maybe he had the red birds!

Comment

the knew the hot chicks had arizona........................hahaha love those girls and so do the refs
                              rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X