The NCAA is so stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCAA is so stupid

Why does the NCAA make players that have already graduated enroll in classes for the spring, so they can play in the bowl game? I'm sure the players just drop the classes as soon as they get back. Shouldn't these players be rewarded for graduating early. Plus, their enrollment in classes takes away spots from students that actually need to get into the classes.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

They care about the $

Comment

I have a child in this situation. The AD of the school explained to me that once the athlete has enough credits to graduate, they only need 1 credit to stay elgible UNLESS they have recieved their diploma. Then they need 12 credits towards a Masters to be elgible. So in the case of a redshirt in football, getting all their credits in 4 1/2 years, they would just need to delay their diploma till spring, and they would only need 1 credit during spring semester.

Comment

It sounds like the NCAA wants to have the power over them still. If they graduate and don't need the classes what could the NCAA really say or do to them
        SEASON RECORDS AS OF 1/24/16

NFL
        LW 2-0 +3
        SEAS 64-40-3 +23.05

NBA
        LW 1-2 -2.3
        SEAS 17-16 +6.4

NHL
        LW 8-3 +5.85
        SEAS 20-14 +0.35

NCAAB
        LW 1-7 -12.1
        SEAS 16-20 -8.3

FINAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL RECORD FOR 2015-16

70-79 -49.45

Comment

Originally posted by st bobby View Post
          It sounds like the NCAA wants to have the power over them still. If they graduate and don't need the classes what could the NCAA really say or do to them
          I'm guessing they want the student athletes to at least be students.

But don't shoot the messenger!! This would be one of the lowest on the dumb scale of NCAA rules. I've run into a ton of them over the past couple years. They make it very hard to be nice to your kids teamates.

Comment

Working...
          X