Is it just me ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
    Who goes for 2 when you are up 4pts. GB made a shady move there.
    you're digging too deep on this one Greek.

I had Pit -2...but it was the correct call to go for 2 there. Puts them up 6 and forces Pit to make the XP if they get a score...what good does it do for GB to kick the XP and go up 5???
    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

1st - It's a NO BRAINER to go for two. Going up 4 or 5 means NOTHING. You ABSOLUTELY go for 2 just in case of a botched snap or a block or a flat out miss. Look at Carolina, they already missed an extra point. There is nothing shady about that. You would be stupid to simply kick a meaningless extra point there.

2nd - The onside kick by Pittsburgh was absolutely STUPID. Green Bay had 11 possesions before their last drive and they only scored on 4 of them. 4 of 11 is about 37%. When you are at home and have the crowd behind you, you absolutely HAVE to make the Packers drive the field on your defense. You don't put them in FG range before the offense takes the field. That was simply stupid and a move i do not think they make if their record was better than (6-7). I don't care what GB did in previous drives OR if you think you can get the onside kick. You take your chances with the Steelers defense and a loud crowd to make a play. That was a decision that should have cost Pittsburgh the game but the offense bailed the head coach out on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        1st - It's a NO BRAINER to go for two. Going up 4 or 5 means NOTHING. You ABSOLUTELY go for 2 just in case of a botched snap or a block or a flat out miss. Look at Carolina, they already missed an extra point. There is nothing shady about that. You would be stupid to simply kick a meaningless extra point there.

2nd - The onside kick by Pittsburgh was absolutely STUPID. Green Bay had 11 possesions before their last drive and they only scored on 4 of them. 4 of 11 is about 37%. When you are at home and have the crowd behind you, you absolutely HAVE to make the Packers drive the field on your defense. You don't put them in FG range before the offense takes the field. That was simply stupid and a move i do not think they make if their record was better than (6-7). I don't care what GB did in previous drives OR if you think you can get the onside kick. You take your chances with the Steelers defense and a loud crowd to make a play. That was a decision that should have cost Pittsburgh the game but the offense bailed the head coach out on that one.
        Pitt coach looked like a genius in the press conf. He said he onside kicked because he didnt think his defense could stop GB. If GB recovered the onside kick they would score faster and give Pitt's offense more time to score the game winning TD. And thats what happened. If Pitt kicks it deep GB takes more time to score leaving Pitt no time to score.

About going for 2 was a no brainer.

Comment

Who goes for 2 when you are up 4pts. GB made a shady move there.
          The on sides kick made zero sense. Going for 2 makes all the sense in the world. Less than a minute left makes it a one possession game and you make the other team have to convert the xtra point. Up by 4 or 5, you lose on the TD. Up by 6, they need the point.
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
            The on sides kick made zero sense. Going for 2 makes all the sense in the world. Less than a minute left makes it a one possession game and you make the other team have to convert the xtra point. Up by 4 or 5, you lose on the TD. Up by 6, they need the point.
            Good to see you 3J. Hope things are well...
            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by longnex View Post
              Pitt coach looked like a genius in the press conf. He said he onside kicked because he didnt think his defense could stop GB. If GB recovered the onside kick they would score faster and give Pitt's offense more time to score the game winning TD. And thats what happened. If Pitt kicks it deep GB takes more time to score leaving Pitt no time to score.

I still disagree nex. When you have stopped them on 7 of 11 possesions, you don't put them in FG range before the offense hits the field. On the road, maybe. At home, with the crowd behind you, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by longnex View Post

P.S. Belichick used the same reasoning in Indy and guess what, the Colts bled the clock. There was NO WAY to know if GB would do that too just needing a fg. It was a horrible position to put your defense in after taking the lead late.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                  Good to see you 3J. Hope things are well...
                  Things are great, Mavs, thanks. I have been lurking and will do more now that it is bowl season. Will follow a couple of guys who are money like GG but really miss Kaptain. Work has been a bear and we welcomed our first little girl into the world 9 weeks ago today. She is awesome but keeps us very busy. Hope you are well and best wishes to you and your family!
                  Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Congrats Three Jack!

Comment

Ultimately I blame myself for taking a team in a "must win situation" Pitt has shown all year that they are a shell of them former selves

Comment

Ultimately I blame myself for taking a team in a "must win situation" Pitt has shown all year that they are a shell of them former selves

I'm pissed because my book had it at -1 (-125) this morning and 20 minutes later when i went to put my bets in, it was -2 (-110). If i had bet it 20 minutes earlier, i get a push. I didn't buy back down to -1 because i didn't think it would matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                          Things are great, Mavs, thanks. I have been lurking and will do more now that it is bowl season. Will follow a couple of guys who are money like GG but really miss Kaptain. Work has been a bear and we welcomed our first little girl into the world 9 weeks ago today. She is awesome but keeps us very busy. Hope you are well and best wishes to you and your family!
                          Very glad to hear that 3J. Hope she is healthy.
                          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            I'm pissed because my book had it at -1 (-125) this morning and 20 minutes later when i went to put my bets in, it was -2 (-110). If i had bet it 20 minutes earlier, i get a push. I didn't buy back down to -1 because i didn't think it would matter!
                            I put it in early and it was 1 1/2 -- my cheap ass didnt buy it down to 1

Later in the day my locals had it 2 1/2

Comment

It always seems pitts involved tho

pitt / seattle superbowl anyone ????

Comment

Fishy PItt

Couldnt agree more GG.

Lets hitem hard next week....

Rough Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X