Yanks acquire OF Granderson in three-way deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks acquire OF Granderson in three-way deal

Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the Yankees, Tigers and Diamondbacks have reached an agreement on a three-way trade.
    Heyman writes that assuming medicals check out, the trade is a go. Curtis Granderson will head to New York while Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy go to Arizona and Max Scherzer, Daniel Schlereth, Austin Jackson and Phil Coke would land in Detroit. Stay tuned for confirmation.

Why would Arizona trade Max Scherzer for Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy?

Comment

I think Austin Jackson is a little over-rated, I'd much rather have the proven Granderson. Ian Kennedy is ok, and Coke seemed pretty good, but the trade makes sense for the Yankees in my opinion. Makes sense for Detroit, because they get Austin and Scherzer, and I guess Arizona gets two pitchers for one.

Comment

I thought this was a no-go earlier this morning...I guess they agreed now...

This morning it was reported 2 of the teams backed out...cause they didn't think they were getting "hosed"...
        It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

I dont know if i like this trade....

Granderson strikes out 150 times... Has and obp of .340 and cant hit lefties. His defense is just below average. He does have pop though.

He is Melky Cabrera but with more power

Comment

They gave up on the Golden Child (Austin Jackson)???

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
              Why would Arizona trade Max Scherzer for Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy?
              Why not? Jackson was pretty good and Kennedy may be too!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                Why not? Jackson was pretty good and Kennedy may be too!
                Jackson wasn't that good in the 2nd half, and he was terrible for years before that. Scherzer is the real deal. Ian Kennedy is an overhyped yankees prospect

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                  Jackson wasn't that good in the 2nd half, and he was terrible for years before that. Scherzer is the real deal. Ian Kennedy is an overhyped yankees prospect
                  Max will probably blow his arm out again. I didn't say it, ESPN INSIDER did today. Give me the 2 for 1 in that deal. I don't think Max will ever do what Edwin did last year.

Comment

Aren't all yankee prospects overhyped?

Comment

wow what a steal for the yankees. Ian kennedy is a nobody. and phil coke i an average reliever.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                        I don't think Max will ever do what Edwin did last year.
                        Scherzer 9-11 4.12 ERA 174 K's in 170 Innings
                        Jackson 13-9 3.62 ERA 161 K's in 214 Innings

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                          wow what a steal for the yankees. Ian kennedy is a nobody. and phil coke i an average reliever.
                          Yea I agree, if money wasn't a factor, they go the best part of this deal. It is of course a factor, that's what makes the trade fair enough.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately the Yankees are the real winners here. Granderson shouldn't be a lead-off hitter, but he obviously won't be one for the Yankees so it doesn't matter.

I'm still a big Scherzer fan. Maybe he's more injury-prone, but he's got way higher upside than Jackson. Outside of 3 good months last year, Jackson is a 4.5+ ERA guy.

Of course watch me end up drafting him in the fantasy leagues once April rolls around...

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
                              Yeah, unfortunately the Yankees are the real winners here. Granderson shouldn't be a lead-off hitter, but he obviously won't be one for the Yankees so it doesn't matter.

I'm still a big Scherzer fan. Maybe he's more injury-prone, but he's got way higher upside than Jackson. Outside of 3 good months last year, Jackson is a 4.5+ ERA guy.

Of course watch me end up drafting him in the fantasy leagues once April rolls around...
                              In the NL west, you gotta draft him, he could be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X