A Good Boise Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
    I know. His dad wasn't happy about that news. Friggin' Pulver pussed out of signing. Chad is suppose to have his first 4 fights that are cakewalks. His dad said they really think highly of Chad and that Chad his been doing very well sparring against Faber.

Let's hope it's this Davis guy. I won't blame you for going with Cub, but I think Chad will take him out. That kid is special and he won't want to lose his debut. Trust me. He's suppose to sign very soon for the fight on March 6th in Cleveland, OH.

He's also really good at picking the winners in these things. So I will try and get some handicap tips possibly and pass them on....

KAZ
    sounds good kaz, I like to think i'm pretty good at picking them too but any help is appreciated always, especially when he is closer to them than me. Hey look at it this way if he does fight swanson and you take him you will get a huge dog price, i'm talkin like swanson will be at least -350 if not even higher. I have no doubt in his potential kaz but i'm telling you nothing prepares you for that first BIG 1, and oh yea btw you will be on national T.V also !

I hope it's davis so i can take him.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
      sounds good kaz, I like to think i'm pretty good at picking them too but any help is appreciated always, especially when he is closer to them than me. Hey look at it this way if he does fight swanson and you take him you will get a huge dog price, i'm talkin like swanson will be at least -350 if not even higher. I have no doubt in his potential kaz but i'm telling you nothing prepares you for that first BIG 1, and oh yea btw you will be on national T.V also !

I hope it's davis so i can take him.
      Yeah. It'll be a big deal for him. Looking forward to it. A huge dog would be awesome.

I guess Chad's dad thought Torres would beat Bowles and Chad said, "no way, Bowles will kick his ass" because Chad had sparred with both of them at one time or another and knew Bowles style would beat Torres. Not sure who was favored in that fight. I know Bowles was 7-0 and Torres was 36-1.

You are the man in picking these things though. No doubt about that.

KAZ
      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Hey Pain. I need to stop posting about this. I don't want to give any opponents bulletin board material. Can I get your email from Spark or vice-versa? Then I can give you any info I think might be helpful.

KAZ
        [email protected]

Comment

I just looked up Davis' name. I guess it's some guy named LC Davis....

KAZ
          Are you kidding me kaz ? With that in mind he might be better off facing swanson just based on body type, maybe chad is bigger than he looks ?

L.C davis is NO JOKE either kaz. 15-2 He is even more experienced and has fought in bigger promotions than swanson. Primarily a wrestler, but also a very good striker. Davis 2 losses are 1 where he made it to the finals of a featherweight GP and lost to Waggney Fabiano (one of the best BJJ players in MMA period) His only other loss came at sengoku in japan where he fought a guy that is now on a 6 fight win streak, also when americans fly to japan on short notice the flight alone can lose you the fight, no matter how good you are.

I figured he lost to that guy in japan, he should have lost to diego nunes who i picked to beat him in the last WEC. Diego nunes lost all 3 rounds to L.C davis and it was dominating, to the point i called it a loss after round 2.

Davis chin is better i think, even though cub's is pretty good. Davis doesn't get KO'ed. he got subbed by fabiano, and lost a decision to omigawa. I think davis is bigger also physically, so i say the better matchup is probably swanson.

Both are veterans, Both are full time fighters, which means they get paid enough to not have to hold another job. (you have to be GOOD and stay GOOD for that to happen in this sport) and most importantly Both guys have very solid stand up AND ground games. davis has wrestling as well as Jiu jitsu and hands, and cub trains at jackson's, which means great stand up and great subs, your gonna get a nice underdog line whoever he fights.

so for his debut he has to fight either 14-3 or 15-2 Both well rounded experienced guys, that were both champs in other organizations. Helluva debut they are giving him, if he knocks either 1 off, he will be known instantly.

Comment

Hey Pain. I need to stop posting about this. I don't want to give any opponents bulletin board material. Can I get your email from Spark or vice-versa? Then I can give you any info I think might be helpful.

KAZ
            whoooops sorry about that last post kaz. no problem get my e-mail from spark, talk to you later buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
              Are you kidding me kaz ? With that in mind he might be better off facing swanson just based on body type, maybe chad is bigger than he looks ?

L.C davis is NO JOKE either kaz. 15-2 He is even more experienced and has fought in bigger promotions than swanson. Primarily a wrestler, but also a very good striker. Davis 2 losses are 1 where he made it to the finals of a featherweight GP and lost to Waggney Fabiano (one of the best BJJ players in MMA period) His only other loss came at sengoku in japan where he fought a guy that is now on a 6 fight win streak, also when americans fly to japan on short notice the flight alone can lose you the fight, no matter how good you are.

I figured he lost to that guy in japan, he should have lost to diego nunes who i picked to beat him in the last WEC. Diego nunes lost all 3 rounds to L.C davis and it was dominating, to the point i called it a loss after round 2.

Davis chin is better i think, even though cub's is pretty good. Davis doesn't get KO'ed. he got subbed by fabiano, and lost a decision to omigawa. I think davis is bigger also physically, so i say the better matchup is probably swanson.

Both are veterans, Both are full time fighters, which means they get paid enough to not have to hold another job. (you have to be GOOD and stay GOOD for that to happen in this sport) and most importantly Both guys have very solid stand up AND ground games. davis has wrestling as well as Jiu jitsu and hands, and cub trains at jackson's, which means great stand up and great subs, your gonna get a nice underdog line whoever he fights.

so for his debut he has to fight either 14-3 or 15-2 Both well rounded experienced guys, that were both champs in other organizations. Helluva debut they are giving him, if he knocks either 1 off, he will be known instantly.
              Well, I asked who he was fighting and he texted his dad back that it might be Cub or Davis. So that's all I know. Maybe that will change in the coming weeks. Sounds like he's not getting any cakewalks. That sucks.

I will email you soon buddy....

KAZ
              [email protected]

Comment

good read, thanks!

Comment

I'd like to add my Georgia Bulldogs put Boise on the schedule in 2005.......and absolutely hammered them. Georgia was up 38-0 before pulling the dogs off and winded up winning 48-13. Boise was 11-1 the prior year too, so this wasn't before Boise was Boise.

Comment

Working...
                  X