Pro Golfer suspended for using PED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Golfer suspended for using PED

Barron violates anti-doping policy, suspended one year - PGA Tour Coverage | Golf Channel

I don't get it. PEDs may put another 10-15 yards on your drive or long irons to the green but what's it going to do for you when you have to chip out of a greeside bunker or your standing over a 15 foot putt on the 18th green which you have to sink to make the cut.

Comment

This was a matter of time.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
        I don't get it. PEDs may put another 10-15 yards on your drive or long irons to the green but what's it going to do for you when you have to chip out of a greeside bunker or your standing over a 15 foot putt on the 18th green which you have to sink to make the cut.
        True but if you're hitting your driver longer now they're hitting 5 iron into the green instead of 3 iron. A golfer will hit more greens in regulation the closer to the green.

Comment

I heard this guy has never won an event and i also heard it may have had a lot more to do with some injuries than it did Performance enhancing. Somebody said he had to take his shirt off in a tourney to hit a ball out of the mud and he looked anything but cut and that he looked like a chubby guy who likes donuts, not somebody on PED's. I didn't read this story but i also heard he made ZERO Dollars on tour this year. Pretty much insignificant to me i guess. I heard most guys on the tour do not even know who he is. Show me somebody i know or who matters and then i will take note.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            I heard this guy has never won an event and i also heard it may have had a lot more to do with some injuries than it did Performance enhancing. Somebody said he had to take his shirt off in a tourney to hit a ball out of the mud and he looked anything but cut and that he looked like a chubby guy who likes donuts, not somebody on PED's. I didn't read this story but i also heard he made ZERO Dollars on tour this year. Pretty much insignificant to me i guess. I heard most guys on the tour do not even know who he is. Show me somebody i know or who matters and then i will take note.

Wayne,

I think this is where you will see this stuff show up. The middle of the road talent looking to move up or save a career.

I agree that use for injuries of golfers are a huge advantage. allowing them to practice more. A guy does not have to look cut either to get strong as far as the muscle building part. Raffy Palmerio shocked me cause he never looked to cut to me.

Also, I think PED use is more rampant on the LPGA tour. Much as I like her Annika Sorenstam went from the one of the shortest to one off the longest hitters on that tour thru her career. I am not believing that was just from lifting weights.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

I understand flare but the guy made ZERO $$$ this year. It obviously didn't help either way so who cares???

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                I understand flare but the guy made ZERO $$$ this year. It obviously didn't help either way so who cares???

Correction, he made 33k last year on the Nationwide Tour. They are governed by the PGA Tour. His lone PGA Tour start he missed the cut so he made $0 on that tour.

The guy was out of shape and was trying to take the easy way to get back in shape somehow the way I see it.

This is like a AAA baseball player on roids Wayne, does it matter, Yes.
                NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                  Correction, he made 33k last year on the Nationwide Tour. They are governed by the PGA Tour. His lone PGA Tour start he missed the cut so he made $0 on that tour.

The guy was out of shape and was trying to take the easy way to get back in shape somehow the way I see it.

This is like a AAA baseball player on roids Wayne, does it matter, Yes.
                  I'm not talking about the Nationwide tour that nobody cares about so there is no need for a correction. I'm talking PGA and he made ZERO $

That's like MLB saying we are testing for PED's and the 1st guy busted is from the Cape Cod League. Again, Who cares. Give me somebody i've heard of and i'll care. Groundskeepers make more money at PGA events than this guy.

Comment

It may matter to YOU flare but it doesn't to me.

Comment

PED's didnt work for me. I'm still out of shape.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I'm in shape........The shape of a bowling ball.

signed,

KB
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

So you are saying Triple AAA baseball should allow roids??

The Nationwide Tour is full of talent, most of the guys have played on tour part or full time before and are very close to making it. The difference really is not that much at that level. there are so many great players for so few spots anymore.

Trust me Wayne I know golf. I understand it may not mean much to you but in golf, I guy can get hot a few weeks and become a star out of nowhere. It happened to John Daly when he won the PGA.
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                            I'm in shape........The shape of a bowling ball.

signed,

KB
                            NBA is a joke

Comment

flare, When MLB started testing and they came out with some minor league names, NOBODY cared or knew who they were and the next day, nobody was talking about it. When the 1st ML Players were announced, people turned a head and took notice. Until they OUT somebody from the big stage, it's a crock of shit cuz you know somebody up there has to be doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X