A Story; A Gambler's Lament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Story; A Gambler's Lament

The NFL has always been my best sport. I started 15-4 last year.

This year my NFL picks have been terrible. i went 0-3 Sunday but had my only double play of the weekend on the Monday night game. i bet it early and had New Orleans -10.

You all know the end of this story. Betting sports requires resilience and amnesia......

Originally posted by griswold View Post
    The NFL has always been my best sport. I started 15-4 last year.

This year my NFL picks have been terrible. i went 0-3 Sunday but had my only double play of the weekend on the Monday night game. i bet it early and had New Orleans -10.

You all know the end of this story. Betting sports requires resilience and amnesia......
    i went from up 200 in the NFL now down over 500, it can be brutal sometimes.

I feel your pain

Keep banging em out
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

i feel your pain buddy.

in college, i was up over 1600 and now am down that. it really sucks.

i am winning a little in nfl so that helps ease the pain a little.

lets bounce back and kick ass this week.
      jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Bounce Back Gris!!! I have always thought you are a solid Capper! Your write-ups are usually spot on and logical I do admire them. You will be back to slaying 'ole-fattass before you know it!

Comment

this year in the NFL has been absolutely brutal...however, things are slowly but surely starting to turn around..

Comment

i too have had an up/down season -not real bad /not real good at least for the level i play
            my problem is two fold
            1) too many teasers/parlays(dumb,but that is the gambling addict in me) got to have the action
            2) following too many touts :kelso was great last year ,killing me this year.root pretty much blows all the time and ats hahaha
            why do i follow the hype? i do not know-just a degenerate lookin for a quick score

anyway this weekend i have isolated 2 games i think are the best bets on the board
            1 kansas over kansas state big
            2 ny football giants over san diego
            good luck

Comment

I hope you knock that fat fucker OVER this week Gris! Good luck buddy!

Comment

I was up about $900 3 weeks ago and am now down $400 for the year. It's not just gambling though. I still have not shot a deer with the bow yet this year. I got up early yesterday and sat until 7:25 am without seeing anything. I checked my camera last night and had an 8 pointer come in 15 minutes after I left.
                You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

I know what you mean.Colleges have been brutal to me much moreso than the NFL. Usually it's vice versa. Saturday I had U CONN as part of a 4 team teaser, with the other 3 teams having won. If U CONN covers I pocket $500. U CONN was -1 on the teaser. They score a TD with 30 seconds left and take a 3 point lead. I figure I am home free since Rutgers returns the kick only to their 19 with 1 timeout left. The first play Rutgers QB throws a 20 yard pass completion on a crossing pattern and the WR for Rutgers takes it to the house with 20 seconds left on the clock. Nobody laid a fucking hand on him. This hobby can humble you very, very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                    This hobby can humble you very, very quickly.
                    you got that right...buffalo had that game last night, but NO...26 blocked punts later bowling green wins...unreal...and i go 3-5 saturday with spark's picks...i think we were 8 points from going 7-1

Comment

Working...
                    X