Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is ND playing Wash St in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is ND playing Wash St in San Antonio?

Why? What's the point?

Not sure. Its been advertised here in SA for a while now. I think the Alamodome is really hurting for some business as the AT&T Center has been taking a lot from them since its arrival here.
    5* 0-0
    4* 0-0
    3* 1-0
    2* 1-0
    1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Could be SA is a great place to be and visit this time of year as compared to South Bend or Corvalis.
      5* 0-0
      4* 0-0
      3* 1-0
      2* 1-0
      1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Because the alamo dome offered Notre Dame a lot of money to host the game. the alamo dome people are counting on a lot of local notre dame fans who cont go to Chicago and South Bend will buy tickets in San Antonio.

they are also counting on a lot of Notre Dame fans from Chicago having a reason to go to san antonio in late October when usually they would not even think about san antonio in October.

the game will generate about $25 million in revenue for the city. people buying cheap gameday merchandise, eating at restaurants, renting $150 a night hotel rooms, San antonio will get the sale tax off all those

lots of teams have started playing these neutral site games like Florida and Georgia playing every year in Jacksonville. Texas and Oklahoma play in Dallas every year. the ACC and SEC having 2 teams play in the Georgia dome to start the season Bama and Va tech 2009, Bama Clemson 2009, UTenn vs UNC 2010
        1 day ago

Comment

Originally posted by BrezzeEaze View Post
          Because the alamo dome offered Notre Dame a lot of money to host the game. the alamo dome people are counting on a lot of local notre dame fans who cont go to Chicago and South Bend will buy tickets in San Antonio.

they are also counting on a lot of Notre Dame fans from Chicago having a reason to go to san antonio in late October when usually they would not even think about san antonio in October.

the game will generate about $25 million in revenue for the city. people buying cheap gameday merchandise, eating at restaurants, renting $150 a night hotel rooms, San antonio will get the sale tax off all those

lots of teams have started playing these neutral site games like Florida and Georgia playing every year in Jacksonville. Texas and Oklahoma play in Dallas every year. the ACC and SEC having 2 teams play in the Georgia dome to start the season Bama and Va tech 2009, Bama Clemson 2009, UTenn vs UNC 2010
          1 day ago
          I understand the other neutral site games though because they are for the most part, in between both schools and equal distance. They are also big rivalries. Washington St??? vs ND, in San Antonio? I just don't see any good reason for it and it is a shitty game. I realize SA will get revenue and all but i still don't see a point behind it. At least make it a good matchup or something .......

Comment

They couldnt get the marines to play in san antonio so washington state took them up on the offer.

Comment

Working...
            X