Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you all think about yanks/phils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you all think about yanks/phils?

I was thinking that since the phils had a lot of time off, and the fact that Lee/CC are on the mound that the under would be a good play...Any thoughts?
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

I think under is always a good play in the first 3 games, then switch to over thereafter.

I have won every year doing this because hitters come out tight and the pitchers are rested. as the series grinds on the hitters loosen up and the pitchers have been seen a few times.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

just remember it is two monster lineups and the least amount of runs the yankees have scored this postseason is 4 AND they are in yankee stadium...but yeah, hard to argue these two pitchers...I think cliff lee will win it though

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
        I think under is always a good play in the first 3 games, then switch to over thereafter.

I have won every year doing this because hitters come out tight and the pitchers are rested. as the series grinds on the hitters loosen up and the pitchers have been seen a few times.
        I like your thinking flare but for some reason the over is screaming out tonight. Lee was great vs NL this year but were his numbers any good vs AL? And the Phillies lit up CC last year in the playoffs. I dont know. Maybe that 7.5 is a sucker line to draw in the over and it ends up a 2-1 game...

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
          I like your thinking flare but for some reason the over is screaming out tonight. Lee was great vs NL this year but were his numbers any good vs AL? And the Phillies lit up CC last year in the playoffs. I dont know. Maybe that 7.5 is a sucker line to draw in the over and it ends up a 2-1 game...
          Without looking up any stats I beleive Lee had a rough start to the season with the Tribe. He settled down and got in his groove but din't get many W's thanks the the Tribe's putrid offense.
          "Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it."

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
            cliff lee did win the AL cy young last year on a horrible team..hopefully sabathia gets lit up again tho!

Comment

and by the way hokie99, I was liking VT to do some damage this year...they blew it against georgia tech, damn it

Comment

i know what Lee's numbers are this post season, but I really think the yanks get to him tonight. just a hunch.

Comment

Over imo

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by weston555 View Post
                    and by the way hokie99, I was liking VT to do some damage this year...they blew it against georgia tech, damn it
                    Yea no one is more bummed out than me. I give GT credit. They are a solid team that is very well coached by Paul Johnson. But the only time you should ever lose to a team that throws one forward pass is in high school...That said, the Hokies have played a brutal schedule and needed a bye to regroup. Toughest schedule in the country so far IMO.

To keep it on baseball, I like the Yanks and over tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post

Yes and no!

The last 5 years the Over is 4-1 in WS game 1. Last year was played UNDER.

Game 2: 1/4
                      Game 3: 2/2/1
                      Game 4: 2/3
                      Game 5: 0/2

Comment

Under!
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

Under...all day
                          9-4 = +5.85

Comment

Working...