Another ? for my Fantasy Football brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ? for my Fantasy Football brothers

Cooley down for the year, I need a replacement TE. Opportunistic owner proposed his Tony Gonzales for my Kurt Warner. Warner is my backup with Schaub being my plug and play QB. Barring an injury to Schuab (and he does have history), Warner rides pine the rest of the year.

Currently sit at 3-4 and in 7th place. EVERY win is important, and I need to win NOW. Normally my strategy is to make my starting lineup as good as possible at the expense of my bench. This trade would accomplish that. My one hold up is that I then have no back up QB, and the wire is void of any real QB talent......Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, etc. I could grab Grossman if Schaub gets hurt and hope it is the system in Houston the produces either way.

For what it's worth, John Carlson is the best TE on the wire.

Deal or no deal?

IMO Deal, if you lose Schaub you are probably done anyways. Make the deal, Warner aint scoring you any points sitting on the bench.

JMO
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
      Cooley down for the year, I need a replacement TE. Opportunistic owner proposed his Tony Gonzales for my Kurt Warner. Warner is my backup with Schaub being my plug and play QB. Barring an injury to Schuab (and he does have history), Warner rides pine the rest of the year.

Currently sit at 3-4 and in 7th place. EVERY win is important, and I need to win NOW. Normally my strategy is to make my starting lineup as good as possible at the expense of my bench. This trade would accomplish that. My one hold up is that I then have no back up QB, and the wire is void of any real QB talent......Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, etc. I could grab Grossman if Schaub gets hurt and hope it is the system in Houston the produces either way.

For what it's worth, John Carlson is the best TE on the wire.

Deal or no deal?
      Tough call.

I have Schaub w/o a decent backup and I stay worried about him getting hurt.

The guy who has Tony G..who are his qb's? Warner is a stud fantasy QB and maybe if this guy will take a 2 for 1 deal.

Good luck.
      "Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it."

Comment

Originally posted by Meekmeister View Post
        Tough call.

I have Schaub w/o a decent backup and I stay worried about him getting hurt.

The guy who has Tony G..who are his qb's? Warner is a stud fantasy QB and maybe if this guy will take a 2 for 1 deal.

Good luck.

He only has one QB, Donovan McNabb. I've tried the 2-1 thing already asking for McNabb/TGonz for Warner, but he said no dice. I think he is looking to platoon the two QBs based on matchup.

Comment

If it's a 10 team league I'd do it, because there's a lot of QB's to go around, but if it's 14, he's got way more value than that, pick up Carlson, he's just as good as Cooley anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            If it's a 10 team league I'd do it, because there's a lot of QB's to go around, but if it's 14, he's got way more value than that, pick up Carlson, he's just as good as Cooley anyway

Yeah, 10 team league. That said, almost everyone is carrying two QBs, so, in order of points scored, the best three available QBs on the wire are:

Jason Campbell
            Matt Cassell
            Mark Sanchez

None of which are very impressive guys. Alex Smith may be a bit of wildcard as good as he looked last week, but probably not. The biggest issue will be week 10 when Schaub is on bye b/c I'll have to then pick up and start one of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
              IMO Deal, if you lose Schaub you are probably done anyways. Make the deal, Warner aint scoring you any points sitting on the bench.

JMO

JC, that would be the one benefit of keeping Warner, I would at least have some chance if Schaub gets hurt. If I trade Warner and Schaub gets hurt then I'm definitely done.

Comment

Who is his backup TE?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                  Who is his backup TE?
                  Vernon Davis. He is apparently throwing out the grizzled vet for the flashy young buck.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                    Yeah, 10 team league. That said, almost everyone is carrying two QBs, so, in order of points scored, the best three available QBs on the wire are:

Jason Campbell
                    Matt Cassell
                    Mark Sanchez

None of which are very impressive guys. Alex Smith may be a bit of wildcard as good as he looked last week, but probably not. The biggest issue will be week 10 when Schaub is on bye b/c I'll have to then pick up and start one of these guys.
                    Don't like Cambell, Sanchez, Smith

- Just checked and Cassell has a favorable week 10 matchup vs Oakland. Also Chad Henne and Miami play Tampa Bay week 10...

Just a thought.

IMO hang on to Warner for now.
                    "Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it."

Comment

I wouldn't do it. Warner has a lot more points than Gonzalez (I'm assuming) and depth in FFB is key with weekly injuries. If Schaub goes down, you have a pretty good replacement imo and i would just grab Carlson ... and tell him to go screw. If Schaub gets hurt, none of those scrubs on the wire have Warner value and Carlson gets a ton of balls from Hasselbeck.

Comment

Oh yeah, one more QB that will be available next week, David Garrard. He is currently on a roster, but only b/c that team just picked him up this week b/c he has both Big Ben and Brady on bye week this week. 100% certain Garrard makes his way back on the wire next week.

Comment

Tightends are inconsistant, just pick up Carlson

Comment

Pick up Carlson

Comment

I do the deal. You need to give yourself the best chance to win now or you're out of the playoffs anyway. Of course, this is coming from a guy who just traded Welker for Dallas Clark.

Comment

Working...
                              X