Have we lost parity in the NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we lost parity in the NFL?

There have been quite a few one sided games this year and yesterday was a perfect example. Lots of teams are (6-1), (5-2) and lots are (1-5), (1-6), (2-5). Seems like a big gap this year.

Results from just yesterday ........

35-7
    42-6
    37-7
    31-3
    38-0
    45-10
    37-21

There were only 12 games yesterday and 10 were decide by Double Digits. Just seems odd to me!

Was thinking the same exact thing. When is the last time you have seen a week like this with blow out after blow out. I am a big fan of taking HOME teams getting points and if I recollect right yesterday was 0-5. I do not remember a day like this ever. By the end of the season we are going to see 21-24 point spreads as there are so many terrible teams in this league. I got back into booking some bets since I moved back to Pittsburgh and absolutely got slaughtered yesterday. Games were not even close. I don't think one dog covered in the 1:00 games..by my count favorites were 9-2-1 yesterday..only game that could of been considered differently would be Chicago-Cincy--Cincy opened as a 3 point favorite and closed at a one point dog according to my book...

Comment

According to scores Cincy opened at -1 and closed with Chicago being a 2 pint fave..
      So for sake of argument faves 8-3-1 yesterday...

Comment

It was historic yesterday....first time since 1970 that 6+ games in the same day were decided by 28+ points.
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Too many teams leads to too many shitty players being on the field. Cut out 4-6 teams, see the quality of players increase, see the parity improve.

Not to mention the UFL can use some more teams....
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Working...
          X