I can now say that I've seen it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can now say that I've seen it all

Today as I was watching the Fins/Saints game I saw the refs pull a rabbit out of their hat. Now, I must state that I had $ on the Fins and the call actually helped me out. Anyway, early in the 1st quarter, the Fins were facing a 3rd and 7. Henne threw the ball to Bess, and he caught the ball for an 8 yard gain. After another angle was shown it was obvious that he trapped the ball- all this happened right infront of the Saints and Sean Payton's sideline. He pleaded for the refs to call it incomplete, but he was forced to challenge the play. After the head ref spent 5 mins underneath the "replay hood" he walked back onto the field and said: there was a malfunction with the replay equipment, therefore the call on the field stands. I laughed out loud because I've never heard this before. If the equipment is not working there are plenty of TV's in the replay booth to look at- if I can see it on my tv, then they can find one that works in the stadium. They took 5 min to come up with that crap. In the end, it did not matter because they ended up punting, but they better not try to pull that crap again. Again, I've always said the NFL is like theater in motion, or WWF!
    Last edited by grandmama; 10-25-2009, 09:22 PM.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

The rules stated the refs have to review the replay.

Also, I'm not sure if we're referring to the same play. I thought it was a catch.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
      The rules stated the refs have to review the replay.

Also, I'm not sure if we're referring to the same play. I thought it was a catch.
      Frank, I hear you, but they do have a ref in the booth as well. As for the catch, I know without a doubt that it was not a catch. I had money on the fins, so I'm glad the call went my way, but anyone that is honest that saw that play knows without a doubt that it was not a catch.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

my point is this: the refs will make crap up all the time. the replay machine worked later in the game, there was another challenge not too long after the 1st..

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
          Frank, I hear you, but they do have a ref in the booth as well. As for the catch, I know without a doubt that it was not a catch. I had money on the fins, so I'm glad the call went my way, but anyone that is honest that saw that play knows without a doubt that it was not a catch.
          We might not be referring to the same play. I was bouncing between that game and another game. Sometimes I watch too many games I get them confused.

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
            my point is this: the refs will make crap up all the time. the replay machine worked later in the game, there was another challenge not too long after the 1st..
            I agree. Sometimes I wonder what the refs see that we don't see????????/

Comment

I flip all the time too, just happened to catch that play. Again, the play didn't matter much because they ended up punting the ball, but refs make crap up all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X