Falcons at Cowboys = BIG Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons at Cowboys = BIG Game?

Simple question here for the many Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo haters...Does Sundays game constitute as a big game? I am not here to argue either side or argue anything for that matter..All I am asking for is a simple yes or no...I can understand both stances, so like I said will not be arguing for or against either side..My OPINION is YES it is a big game. What do you think?

Important game, Yes. Big game, no. There is no playoff berth or win or go home situation on the line so no, not a big game but yes, certainly important.

Comment

Big games happen in December and January, 2 months in which Romo has choked his chicken BIG TIME!

Comment

No it's not a big game. I think the Falcons win, they are the better team. The Cowboys are an 8-8 team built by a hype machine. They can't cover anybody and they can't pass.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          Important game, Yes. Big game, no. There is no playoff berth or win or go home situation on the line so no, not a big game but yes, certainly important.
          I agree with you here..hard to decipher between an important game and big game...but I understand ya

Comment

i think this is a big game for sure...if the falcons win, they are a frontrunner for a wildcard berth, if the cowboys win, they are back in the discussion, while really hurting the falcons wildcard positioning...i realize a lot can change and it's only week 7, but 5-1 is a shit-ton better than 4-2 for the dirty birds...especially with the saints 6-0 on the verge of 7-0...

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
              The Cowboys are an 8-8 team built by a hype machine.
              I agree. Is there a team in sports more overrated?

Since 1999 in the regular season the Boys are 82-83. During that span sixteen other teams have a better record. That's the definition of mediocre. The Giants were 10 games better and the Eagles 18 games better.

Comment

That was a pretty dominant performance all the way around by the Dallas Cowboys...Did not look much like an 8-8 team like many of you claim they are...

Comment

Sep 13 @Tampa Bay Won 34-21

Sep 20 N.Y. Giants Lost 31-33

Sep 28 Carolina Won 21-7

Oct 4 @Denver Lost 10-17

Oct 11 @Kansas City Won 26-20

Week 6 BYE

Oct 25 Atlanta Won 37-21

Nov 1 Seattle 1:00pm Win

Nov 8 @Philadelphia 8:20pm Loss

Nov 15 @Green Bay 4:15pm Loss

Nov 22 Washington 1:00pm Win

Nov 26 Oakland 4:15pm Win

Dec 6 @ NY Giants 4:15pm Loss

Dec 13 San Diego 4:15pm Loss

Dec 19 @New Orleans 8:20pm Loss

Dec 27 @Washington 8:20pm Win

Jan 3 Philadelphia 1:00pm Loss

4-2 now...I can see a 4-6 finish down the stretch...which would be 8-8 on the year.
                  It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Originally posted by NoCashMcgraff View Post
                    That was a pretty dominant performance all the way around by the Dallas Cowboys...Did not look much like an 8-8 team like many of you claim they are...
                    Sometimes you have to take off the star-shaped sunglasses...
                    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Most here said it WASN'T a big game and that explains why Dallas won.

Comment

Def. was a BIG game for Cowboys. If they lose they are 3 and 3 and are behind a TON of teams making every loss from here on out one step closer to staying home for the playoffs. For Atl. not BIG but it sure helps.

Now that NYG lose ( shocking to meat home) Cowboys are tied for first in NFC EAST.

Cowboys are simple.Minimize penalties, Romo not throwing the head scratching pick and you got a team that can play with anyone talent wise. They have underachieved and could easily be 6-0 as well as being 2- and 4. Non the less other teams can not say the same for the most part cause the game was over early.

I like the Cowboys to finish 10 and 6 and contend. Ill match their offense with and defense with any team.

I have to say though that the Saints are just scary!!! If they dont turn the ball over I just see them losing with their ability to score from any where any time.

You dont have to like the cowboys but to say they are not one of the better teams in NFC thats just silly. They have not played well for the most part and have made costly penalty and turnover time and time again. They have good talent and have tremendous room for improvement on both sides of the ball and they have the talent NOW to do so.

Well just wait and see.

SORRY about the rough shot grammar.

Comment

I think it was a big game for Dallas to sort of prove they can play with the good teams in the NFC, but that said I just don't see any NFC East teams having an impact in the playoffs. They've all been pretty badly exposed this season. The Redskins go without saying, Philly and Dallas have been inconsistent, and the Giants are showing big flaws in their D and with their young receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
                            the Giants are showing big flaws in their D and with their young receivers.
                            The loss of Kenny Phillips is huge. CC (Can't Cover) Brown is terrible. The return of Ross, Canty and Boley will help.

Overall the Giants young receivers have played very well. Coming into the season it was a big question mark. As a fan I'm thrilled how well they've played. Steve Smith is having a great year. Hakeem Nicks is developing into a star. Mario Manningham has had some good games and good catches. His problem is the drops. As a group they'll continue to improve. With those 3 receivers and Hixon they have the making of a very solid goup.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
                              I think it was a big game for Dallas to sort of prove they can play with the good teams in the NFC, but that said I just don't see any NFC East teams having an impact in the playoffs. They've all been pretty badly exposed this season. The Redskins go without saying, Philly and Dallas have been inconsistent, and the Giants are showing big flaws in their D and with their young receivers.
                              Everything you have mentioned is valid, there really isn't much to argue. However, come december and january when the real teams begin to separate themselves from the rest of the pack, someone if not multiple teams from the NFCE will be involved. If you asked me right this second, I would say that the Vikings or 1 of the 3NFCE teams will be the team to represent the NFC this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X