Figure Skating question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figure skating question..

As Frank says NHL players are the most skilled athletes of any sport on this planet...If you ever get a chance to go to an NHL game and watch them live up front you will see this as light as day. Also watch the playoffs each year and the grind of trying to win 4 best of 7 series in a row. They dont say the Stanley Cup is the hardest and most grueling Championship trophy to win in all of sports for no reason bro..
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Winn View Post
      Hey fellas---#1 playing goalie is extremely draining...having pucks bounce off you all night. Also it is RARE that teams split 50/50...usually it is closer to 75/25. I don't have the exact number so don't quote me but the #1 plays a lot more games.

The season is a grind-other than the top guys, goalies get too drained come playoff time and then you are screwed in the postseason.
      That's why I prefaced post #7 with "I'm not sure how it is now." About 20 years ago, many teams split close to 50/50.

Also, let's not forget (if my memory serves me) they're wearing about 40 pounds of equipment. With new technology the equipment might weigh less.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
        Figure skating question..

As Frank says NHL players are the most skilled athletes of any sport on this planet...If you ever get a chance to go to an NHL game and watch them live up front you will see this as light as day. Also watch the playoffs each year and the grind of trying to win 4 best of 7 series in a row. They dont say the Stanley Cup is the hardest and most grueling Championship trophy to win in all of sports for no reason bro..
        Lots of casual hockey fans watch the games on TV and don't understand the grind. They don't understand why a line or defensive pairing is only on the ice for 45 seconds to a minute. It's tough! It's physically draining.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
          Also watch the playoffs each year and the grind of trying to win 4 best of 7 series in a row. They dont say the Stanley Cup is the hardest and most grueling Championship trophy to win in all of sports for no reason bro..
          A hockey playoff game. In an enclosed arena with 20,000 fans is without question the most electrically charged atmosphere one can get at a sporting event. I've been to college football and NFL playoff games. There's just no comparison.

Anyone that's watched all 7 games in a 7 game series and then have to do it for 4 series knows the grind. In a 7 game series even the best of friends on opposing team FUCKING HATE each other by game 5.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
            A hockey playoff game. In an enclosed arena with 20,000 fans is without question the most electrically charged atmosphere one can get at a sporting event. I've been to college football and NFL playoff games. There's just no comparison.

Anyone that's watched all 7 games in a 7 game series and then have to do it for 4 series knows the grind. In a 7 game series even the best of friends on opposing team FUCKING HATE each other by game 5.
            I fucking hear ya Frank. This calls for another viewing of the 2009 NHL playoffs montage!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
              Rig your fake goalie posts with your beer cans and squat down for 1 hour moving back and forth between the cans.

PS. make sure the cans are empty
              If I was paid millions of dollars to do it, I guarantee my fat ass would be in shape to squat and move back and forth between 6 feet for 3 fucking hours at least

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                If I was paid millions of dollars to do it, I guarantee my fat ass would be in shape to squat and move back and forth between 6 feet for 3 fucking hours at least
                Plus when the puck goes the other way them fuckers have a water bottle with them to rest and drink water Don't sound hard to me

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                  I'm not sure how many 6 feet wide guys there are.

Dimer?

Have you seen his "I beat anorexia" photo?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    Dimer?

Have you seen his "I beat anorexia" photo?
                    Either one below buddy ...

Comment

They have goalie written all over them!

Comment

I got fucking cat like reflexes too fellas! If I wouldn't break the ice I'm prime material

Comment

I got fucking cat like reflexes too fellas! If I wouldn't break the ice I'm prime material

I just choked on my drink!

Comment

hahahahahaha

Nothing would get by you buddy ...

Comment

You have to be able to first stand up on the hockey skates.
                              Can't get out of breath just getting to the goal.
                              Can't drink beer or any other alcoholic beverages during the game.
                              No bringing food onto the ice or in the booth.

And if you think you can do it drop 200lbs and go for it eh.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                                You have to be able to first stand up on the hockey skates.
                                Can't get out of breath just getting to the goal.
                                Can't drink beer or any other alcoholic beverages during the game.
                                No bringing food onto the ice or in the booth.

And if you think you can do it drop 200lbs and go for it eh.

If you want him to drop 200 lbs, it ain't gonna work. Your missing the point!

Comment

Working...
                                X