they are not even trying to hide it anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they are not even trying to hide it anymore

I'm not sure if this is common practice, but I read an article detailing the fact the Yankees got permission from the MLB to go ahead and sell tickets to the World Series. I know that I've heard of events like the Super Bowl selling tickets via a lottery, but I have never heard of a team already selling tickets for an event before the were done playing another series-the information was released before game 4 last night. Am I missing something here, or does this smell of corruption?
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

well i cant speak for NYY but the red sox had done a lottery for all post-season tickets right after the end of the regular season WS tickets included. I was in on all 3 series didnt get selected though
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
      well i cant speak for NYY but the red sox had done a lottery for all post-season tickets right after the end of the regular season WS tickets included. I was in on all 3 series didnt get selected though
      I hear ya, I know teams sell lottery tickets, but I think these tickets were for everyone, and I do not think refunds were availble..
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

If they don't include refunds, something is up, but I'm assuming they have to.

Comment

they have to include refunds.
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
            they have to include refunds.

for sure they do!
            9-4 = +5.85

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
              I'm not sure if this is common practice, but I read an article detailing the fact the Yankees got permission from the MLB to go ahead and sell tickets to the World Series. I know that I've heard of events like the Super Bowl selling tickets via a lottery, but I have never heard of a team already selling tickets for an event before the were done playing another series-the information was released before game 4 last night. Am I missing something here, or does this smell of corruption?
              every single team does this. it is common practice, and has been going on for YEARS.

so yes, you are missing something.

and what is so corrupt about this??? and of course they give a refund.
              Last edited by molta02; 10-21-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

It's a "Common practice" and it's also Axiomatic..........

no fixes here.....they save them for the NBA

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                X