Beckham & Happ Win Sporting News ROY Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckham & Happ Win Sporting News ROY Honors

American League Rookie Gordham Beckham from the CWS and National League Rookie JA Happ from Philadelphia are the 2 reported Sporting News Rookie of the Year Winners.
    Last edited by wayne1218; 10-20-2009, 04:09 PM.

What about Hanson?

Signed,

Mavskidd

Comment

My thoughts exactly kb!

Comment

poor mavs. as if life wasnt bad enough being a braves fan...lol j/k
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Stats were close. Happ pitched for a longer time, and made the playoffs. Can't argue with the call.

Hanson with a crazy good rookie season though.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

How bout 'em Dawgs!!! Atta boy Beck.

Comment

Hanson should've started the season in the Majors and by being cheap, it cost them a playoff berth. If I was a Braves fan, I would be pissed off by that move. Braves need one big bat to really contend. Vazquez, Hanson, Jurgens, Lowe and Hudson is solid, should've got them in the playoffs this year. Their offense needs a number 4 hitter however. I like McClouth, Chipper, McCann, but Garret Anderson is toast

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                Hanson should've started the season in the Majors and by being cheap, it cost them a playoff berth. If I was a Braves fan, I would be pissed off by that move. Braves need one big bat to really contend. Vazquez, Hanson, Jurgens, Lowe and Hudson is solid, should've got them in the playoffs this year. Their offense needs a number 4 hitter however. I like McClouth, Chipper, McCann, but Garret Anderson is toast
                This team is one big hitter away from winning 100 games. That's not an exaggeration...

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                  This team is one big hitter away from winning 100 games. That's not an exaggeration...

It has happened 5 times in the last 6 years and i think 2 or 3 of them were the Yankees. The Braves lineup would be better with a big bat added but not that good. Let's not get carried away here ........

Comment

Great season for Happ, but I think Coghlan (sp) deserved it.

As far as him in the playoffs and WS, I think Manuel f'ed him up by using him like a yo yo in the BP and starting him in Gm 3 against the Rox.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                      Great season for Happ, but I think Coghlan (sp) deserved it.

As far as him in the playoffs and WS, I think Manuel f'ed him up by using him like a yo yo in the BP and starting him in Gm 3 against the Rox.
                      I think Garrett Jones deserved it. I think he was 3rd or 4th in HR per at bat and he was ahead of many heavy hitters, including guys like Ryan Howard!

Comment

The Phillies and the Yankees are the best two teams in baseball, this will be a great world series imo. Loaded with bats and solid pitchers. The RedSox and Angels are close behind. If the Angels or RedSox got Texiera instead of the Yankees, I think they would be in there instead of the Yankees.
                        The Cardinals need an ace closer
                        The Dodgers need an ace starter
                        The Braves need a huge hitter
                        The Rockies need their young pitching to develop and probably another bat, Atkins is killing them.

Comment

The Phillies and the Yankees are the best two teams in baseball, this will be a great world series imo. Loaded with bats and solid pitchers. The RedSox and Angels are close behind. If the Angels or RedSox got Texiera instead of the Yankees, I think they would be in there instead of the Yankees.
                          The Cardinals need an ace closer
                          The Dodgers need an ace starter
                          The Braves need a huge hitter
                          The Rockies need their young pitching to develop and probably another bat, Atkins is killing them.
                          Cardinals - They need another starter too IMO and they HAVE TO KEEP Holliday

Dodgers - They need another bat too. Manny is done imo and they lack the offense to win a WS

Braves - They need 1 or 2 big bats AND an ace closer imo

Rockies - 1 Big Pitcher and 1 more big bat imo

We differ a little on these

Comment

3 SPs in the rotation with ERAs under 3.00. With Lowe and Hudson as the other two.

Finally seem to have nailed the BP problem down, as Gonzalez, Soriano and Moylan look good.

Plenty of good young stars mixed with some experienced vets.

Lineup needs one power hitter, and a pure leadoff man (pref. a 2B) as I just don't see McLouth as a leadoff man.

Comment

I would like the Red Sox to get 1 more big bat and 1 more starter. The problem is where does that big bat play? Unfortunately Lowell and Ortiz are signed for 1 more year and not going anywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X