Please Read: NBA Basketball Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Read: NBA Basketball Idea

If you are interested in the NBA please read this.

I believe the forum can benefit from a ONE MAN, ONE TEAM approach.

Where each person gets a random team (choosing would create bias and a lack of participants). They follow this team from game 1 to game 82. Each person will get a feel for their team and will make a play each day, either FOR or AGAINST their team or will find no value and PASS.

I think this will be fun and a useful tool for the forum. The internet is abundant with stats, but it's hard to look at every team or every game, every day. If each person has only ONE team to worry about, things will be much easier.

The Regular Season begins in just over a week. So if you are interested in participating, just post so here in this thread.

I want to get everybody their team by at least a full two or three days before the season starts.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Back before posting, I believe one of the FAN brothers had something like this for MLB. So credit this idea to him.

Comment

Didn't someone try this last year and it went no where bombing big time?

I find it extremely hard to believe a local "Fan" of a team could be biased. People can all say they are but imo it is almost impossible. Either you are really down on your team or really high on them.

Comment

It sounds great but i also think there is no way people keep up with it for 6 months.

Comment

Random teams, this eliminates the bias. I live in New York, I have no interest in how the Houston Rockets fare.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            It sounds great but i also think there is no way people keep up with it for 6 months.
            Nobody could keep up with posting their three top plays a week in a thread for more than two or three weeks. But I am willing to try this and test the interest.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              Nobody could keep up with posting their three top plays a week in a thread for more than two or three weeks. But I am willing to try this and test the interest.

That's the only reason why i said that. I've been running pools and contests here for 7 years and i think most members are ADHD

They simply lose interest or forget or something. I've seen things like this (Not exactly) tried too and it ends up being a waste of time and usually falls apart quickly.

Comment

NBA is a crapshoot for me. I get bored, bet it, and lose money. Aside from finding a solid way to cap it, I think this is worth a shot.

But look, 7 replies, and only two people interested.

Comment

I'll take one of the NON Oklahoma teams, and give you 82 opinions on a game by game basis......providing

choices are

team to cover
                  team NOT to cover

too close to call.....

meaning....I can NOT play a game if I see it too close to call....

One can keep up with Injuries, overall attitude, internal problems, when they're hot, when they're not, home and away style of plays, in essence, cap their one game for sure, get an opinion, take 5 minutes to post it.......

Just might work.......count me in MAVS

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                    I'll take one of the NON Oklahoma teams, and give you 82 opinions on a game by game basis......providing

choices are

team to cover
                    team NOT to cover

too close to call.....

meaning....I can NOT play a game if I see it too close to call....

One can keep up with Injuries, overall attitude, internal problems, when they're hot, when they're not, home and away style of plays, in essence, cap their one game for sure, get an opinion, take 5 minutes to post it.......

Just might work.......count me in MAVS
                    Excellent Kapt. Thanks.

And yes, as is in the original post, choices are for or against the team you follow, or a pass on the game.

Comment

Sure

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                          If you are interested in the NBA please read this.

I believe the forum can benefit from a ONE MAN, ONE TEAM approach.

Where each person gets a random team (choosing would create bias and a lack of participants). They follow this team from game 1 to game 82. Each person will get a feel for their team and will make a play each day, either FOR or AGAINST their team or will find no value and PASS.

I think this will be fun and a useful tool for the forum. The internet is abundant with stats, but it's hard to look at every team or every game, every day. If each person has only ONE team to worry about, things will be much easier.

The Regular Season begins in just over a week. So if you are interested in participating, just post so here in this thread.

I want to get everybody their team by at least a full two or three days before the season starts.
                          Another site does something similar except in a contest. Each contestant picks a team. They have to post their pick for each game their team plays.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            Didn't someone try this last year and it went no where bombing big time?

I find it extremely hard to believe a local "Fan" of a team could be biased. People can all say they are but imo it is almost impossible. Either you are really down on your team or really high on them.
                            I vaguely remember it previously being attempted. I agree and I think you and I agreed last time. The local fan would be somewhat biased.

Comment

Mavs, Are you doing this and are there only going to be about 5 people following 5 teams? Which 5 teams are you gonna have followed and how do you choose them?

Comment

Working...
                              X