Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone from Riggins to team blogger rips 'Skins

Everyone from Riggins to team blogger rips 'Skins
    The booing fans and critical talk-radio yakkers are hardly the only ones giving the reeling Washington Redskins a hard time lately. Members of the "Redskins family" are piling on, too. Yes, with Washington at 2-3 despite a soft-as-can-be schedule, everyone from former stars Joe Theismann and John Riggins to people writing for the team's official Web site are ripping the Redskins. "A lot of us have sort of tempered ourselves, to be honest with you.

Everyone from Riggins to team blogger rips 'Skins - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Washington sucks and have sold out seats for years so their is no excuse for them sucking.

Daniel Snyder is an asshole and Vinny Cerrano is nothing more than a yes man. Until Snyder hires a top notch GM like Bill Pollian or Ozzie Newsome and allows him complete authority, they will always be the Deadskins. Snyder is a lot like Jerry Jones. Both think they know more about running a football team than anyone else. Jones being his own GM is the reason Dallas hasn't won squat in 15 years.

Comment

It doesn't help none that Jason Campbell is your QB and he might be the worst QB in football

Comment

Yea and who drafted Campbell and traded up to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
          It doesn't help none that Jason Campbell is your QB and he might be the worst QB in football
          I agree that he's bad but Jamarcus Russell makes him look like Peyton Manning.

I've been a lifelong Redskins fan and honestly at this point I'm just numb to the team. I feel no attachment to them the way I did as a kid and I blame Dan Snyder for that. He's created a culture of sloppyness and greed. It's all about the bottom line with him and not about winning. FedEx Field is the worst place I've ever seen a sporting event. It's sterile and has no character at all and it sits in Maryland. That is a pre Snyder issue, but still. Zorn is the coach because no one else wanted this gig. I do blame him for some stupid playcalling, but he has honestly been thrust into a situation that was way over his head from day 1. Everyone talks about Shanahan, Cowher or Holmgren but why would they want the job? I don't think money is an issue for any of those guys. Snyder and Cerrato are the problem and with Snyder not going anywhere this team will be a failure for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
            I agree that he's bad but Jamarcus Russell makes him look like Peyton Manning.
            Damn good point Hokie. Jason is now the second worst QB in football

You coming into town for the game tomorrow?I'm going to head down at noon and tailgate with some buddies for a while then head back to the house.Should be a good game

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
              Damn good point Hokie. Jason is now the second worst QB in football

You coming into town for the game tomorrow?I'm going to head down at noon and tailgate with some buddies for a while then head back to the house.Should be a good game
              Damn Vols I wish I was coming down. I actually have Metallica tickets tomorrow that I bought way back in March so I'm heading to UVA country in Charlottesville to see them. The worst part is its a 6 pm kickoff tomorrow so I'm going to miss most of it.

I did have a blast in Atlanta for the Bama game. Maybe too much fun from the little I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
                Damn Vols I wish I was coming down. I actually have Metallica tickets tomorrow that I bought way back in March so I'm heading to UVA country in Charlottesville to see them. The worst part is its a 6 pm kickoff tomorrow so I'm going to miss most of it.

I did have a blast in Atlanta for the Bama game. Maybe too much fun from the little I remember.
                I bet yall go crazy when they play "Enter Sandman" tomorrow night Going to be a great game I think.have a great time and don't forget your earplugs

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                  Yea who drafted Campbell and traded up to do so.

Cerrato is horrible, but Joe Gibbs was really was high on drafting Campbell. Snyder at least spends money which some owners wont. problem with that is players come to Washington to get paid and not win.

Snyder is the problem though. A new coach without total control will not work. And Snyder wont give up control.

It is funny to listen to the local sports talk guys who had this team like 12-4 before the season started now turn on them and bash. Happens every year
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                    Snyder is a lot like Jerry Jones. Both think they know more about running a football team than anyone else. Jones being his own GM is the reason Dallas hasn't won squat in 15 years.
                    Both are a joke! What does Jerry care? The Boys are his billion dollar game of Monopoly.

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post

Snyder is the problem though. A new coach without total control will not work. And Snyder wont give up control.
                      Total control of coaching or total control of personal. Most NFL coaches don't make personal choices. They have some input but the ultimate decision rests with the GM. Most of the more successful franchises have both a GM and coach. Giants, Pats, and Steelers immediately come to mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X