9 Year old Hockey Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Year old Hockey Player

The Bruins do a "Mini" 1 on 1 (Sometimes) between periods of their games. Little runts go out and take penalty shots or play a 5 minute game. It is usually pretty funny but this kid was pretty amazing for a 9 year old. I don't know the kid but he lives about 15 minutes from me. Maybe i need to go get his autograph now? Watch the goalie's reaction on the last angle. It is priceless! lmao

I don't know doodly squat about hockey, but that's some amazing stick work by a 9 year old...IMO...thanks....very entertasining.....

kid might have a future.....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

That is sick puck handling - Chado will be stalking this kid
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Seen this yesterday...its an old move but the fact that he is only 9 makes it very impressive!!!
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
          Seen this yesterday...its an old move but the fact that he is only 9 makes it very impressive!!!
          A nine year old has more "moves" then you Chado.You should be proud

Comment

Old move by the likes of Gretzky. Damn impressive by a 9 year old.

Comment

I swear that I saw this last year...it is awesome for a 9 year old,,
              Let's Hammer the Book.

Comment

this vid made the rounds at my work and everybody that saw it said the same thing about the goalie at the end - that kid's brain wasn't able to comprehend the physics of what he just saw!

Comment

Are you allowed in Hockey to pick the puck up with your stick and hold it?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                    Are you allowed in Hockey to pick the puck up with your stick and hold it?
                    I always thought you weren't.

But I remember seeing a video where a guy faked a wrap around only to pick the puck up behind the net and stick it in. It was crazy, but I remember people saying it was "illegal"
                    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

believe a guy scored a goal like this in the ncaa tourney a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by molta02 View Post
                        believe a guy scored a goal like this in the ncaa tourney a few years ago
                        Yes, he played for Michigan. Went around the back of the net, lifted it and threw it in. You can lift the puck but it has to stay below the shoulders or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          Yes, he played for Michigan. Went around the back of the net, lifted it and threw it in. You can lift the puck but it has to stay below the shoulders or something like that.
                          You can lift the puck but in real game action it does not work. All someone has to do is give you the slightest shove or tap of your stick and it would fall off thus the reason you never see it in live action. Also not to mention its very hard to do but most importantly the time and space is not there in NHL competition. As for if someone were to attempt it the release point would have to be below the shoulder otherwise the goal would not count due to a "high stick"
                          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

You can lift the puck but in real game action it does not work. All someone has to do is give you the slightest shove or tap of your stick and it would fall off thus the reason you never see it in live action. Also not to mention its very hard to do but most importantly the time and space is not there in NHL competition. As for if someone were to attempt it the release point would have to be below the shoulder otherwise the goal would not count due to a "high stick"
                            Why don't we see it in shootouts?
                            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                              Why don't we see it in shootouts?
                              Basically the shot would end up being easy to stop when the player is even able to get off an accurate shot. The release point for something like this makes it so that the puck is A) closer to the eye level B) a trajectory that is easy to anticipate C) NHL goalies are more likely to charge the player as they are trying to prep the puck on their stick. Also...This move is notoriously hard to execute even when you take tons of time practicing it as you are moving adding to the difficulty of holding the puck in the proper position to release an accurate shot.

BTW...We've all seen a variation of this move in the past. Where the guy lifts the puck off the ground and shoves it up under the cross bar when the goalie has gone down. Most people simply dont spin. Look at the best players in the NHL who do shootout duty. Most of them use a simple effective move in order to maximize the liklihood of success.

PK
                              Last edited by poskid; 10-21-2009, 12:13 AM.
                              No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X