Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't the Dodgers start Billingsley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't the Dodgers start Billingsley?

They announce the rotation and it is Kershaw, Padilla, Kuroda (Coming off injury) and Wolf?

That might be one of the lamest 4 man rotations i've ever seen for a LCS Series.

Billingsley was coming off a late season slump but he looked like he had turned it around late in the season. He had a no hitter through 6 or 7 innings in his next to last start of the season. What am i missing? Is he injured? Why not give him a start?

I don't know but i might have even given Garland a start over one of these guys. Do you think that is their best 4 man rotation?

Kershaw has the best stuff on the staff. Since coming to LA, Padilla has been good. He looked pretty good against St. Louis with a mid 90's fastball. Look at Wolfs last 10 starts. Now, why Kuroda is back in the rotation after an injuries raises some question. Maybe they don't like what they see in Billingsley during bullpen sessions.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

billinsley chocked last year and maybe his confidence is down....they have been keeping hush here in l.a?

Comment

Coming in to the season, Billingsley was the ace of the staff. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          Coming in to the season, Billingsley was the ace of the staff. I don't get it.
          i feel they should start him at home tomorrow.....kershaw is really good but he gets walk happy sometimes.....they should save padilla for the road games , hes been doing good on the road

Comment

i don't get why wolf is the game 4 starter?

Comment

Kershaw is the best Dodgers pitcher IMO and may be the best pitcher in this series.

As for Billingsley, seems as though Torre has lost all confidence in him. Kershaw, Wolf, and Kuroda are "no doubters" IMO. The ? mark is Padilla, but the way he's been throwing, I guess you have to go with him over Billingsley.

Comment

To me, the ? is Kuroda. I would use Billingsley there!

Comment

with that rotation how are the dodgers fav??? b/c of the home field adv?
                  jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23 View Post
                    with that rotation how are the dodgers fav??? b/c of the home field adv?

I guess the bullpen is an advantage to LA. LA has struggled to hit - I am taking the Phillies this series
                    NBA is a joke

Comment

Not to mention that Padilla has ridiculously bad splits against left-handed batters, of which the Phillies have many:

vs RHB: .241/.300/.368, 3.03 K/BB
                      vs LHB: .297/.380/.479, 1.30 K/BB

Comment

The more i think about it, I would probably start Kershaw, Wolf, Billingsley & Kuroda!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          To me, the ? is Kuroda. I would use Billingsley there!
                          Again, thinking from Torre's POV, I assume he chose Kuroda cuz of his success against the Phils, 19 IP and 2 ERs allowed.

Comment

Working...
                          X