Info texas tech vs nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info texas tech vs nebraska

I found the article I was talking about. It makes it seem like the players want the backup to start. Is there something goin on in Lubbock???

Players want Sheffield to start
    10:19
    AM ETTexas Tech Red Raiders Top Email We mentioned on Sunday the possible quarterback controversy brewing in Lubbock between injured starter Taylor Potts and super backup Steven Sheffield. On Monday, coach Mike Leach would not say who will start for the Red Raiders on Saturday, only that it would be a game-time decision.

Two players, surprisingly, willingly endorsed Sheffield when asked for their opinion, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. "It's the energy that he brings," OT Marlon Winn said. "He'll come in and light up a whole room. He's not a very gloomy guy. He doesn't down himself about a (bad) play. If he has a bad play, he'll come back and make the next play. He's just a great guy."

Linebacker Bront Bird added: "Right now, I think you have to go with the hot hand. I don't think Sheffield's done anything to lose the job he's been given."

Hmm, could it be that Potts has rubbed some teammates the wrong way?
    SEASON RECORDS AS OF 1/24/16

NFL
    LW 2-0 +3
    SEAS 64-40-3 +23.05

NBA
    LW 1-2 -2.3
    SEAS 17-16 +6.4

NHL
    LW 8-3 +5.85
    SEAS 20-14 +0.35

NCAAB
    LW 1-7 -12.1
    SEAS 16-20 -8.3

FINAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL RECORD FOR 2015-16

70-79 -49.45

I don't think it's necessarily Potts rubbing them the wrong way, but Sheffield has an added dimension to his game that makes Tech a better team imo. Sheffield has a little bit of speed in him and is the most mobile qb Leach has ever had down there.

Comment

Texas Tech Injury Report: Texas Tech Football Injury Report

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
      X