No announcement yet.

the dumbest call by a coach ive ever seen norv turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also just because that toss worked out throwing the ball in the backfield about 3-5 yards behind where the initial line of scrimmiage is I have a hard time believing that will work more often than not. The WR/back could fumble the ball or can get met head on in the backfield by a defender...
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I'm with Frank. The middle gets way too congested when teams lineup in goal line formations. Cowboys last night spread the offense and Romo moonwalks in on a QB draw.

Comment

I'm in San Diego and I've heard quite a lot of angry comments since the post game show and through today....not a single person has liked that last play call and Norv is getting roasted for his other assorted blunders too. The Chargers are beat up for sure but they had a chance to win that game and that makes it worse than just being blown out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
          Well I completely disagree and infact could not disagree more...

As Mavs said in this thread if you cant QB sneak for a yard or two everytime you flat out suck. Funny how you mention the Lions toss to the WR yea that was a great play as it sends it out in space however you failed to mention a play from the exact same game which pretty much sealed the Lions fate and any chance of winning the game or getting the cover. Down by 7 pts late in the 3rd quarter the Lions elect to put Stafford in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 from the Vikings 42 yard line. Instead of running it twice (most preferrably QB sneaks) he throws an incompletion and they punt from the 42 about 5-8 yards and a 1st down out of FG range. Well guess what? The Viking get the ball back on a horrible game changing play call and drive all the way down the field to score a TD and go up by 14 pts. Keep passin on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and short plays and you will lose plain and simple. The percentages of putting the ball in the air as opposed to the ground in these situations create way more opportunities for failure than not. BALL GAME!!!
          First, I only watched about 5 minutes of the Lions/Vikings game. Second, it's Stafford's second game as a pro. Third, it's the Lions. Need I say more. Finally, I don't believe teams should throw the ball on 3rd and 1. I do believe they need to mix it up. Throw some passing plays. Run some quick pitches. Run QB sneaks. Or as KB stated. Put the QB in the shotgun. Run a QB draw.

In the NFL on 3rd and 1, teams are successful in 70% of attempts when running. IMO that sucks. The rate should be higher. It's not higher due to the ultra-conservative play calling.

As Mavs said in this thread if you cant QB sneak for a yard or two everytime you flat out suck.
          Teams usually QB sneak on 3rd and inches. Very rarely do they sneak at 3rd in 2.

Comment

Also just because that toss worked out throwing the ball in the backfield about 3-5 yards behind where the initial line of scrimmiage is I have a hard time believing that will work more often than not. The WR/back could fumble the ball or can get met head on in the backfield by a defender...
            I agree. Again, I'm not saying you quick toss every third and short. Or pass every third and short. Teams are far too predictable in third and short. They need to mix it up. Spread out the D. How many times have we seen Patriots in 3rd in short with Brady in the shotgun throwing a quick slant to Welker?

Comment

You say the success rate for rushing plays on 3rd and 1 is approx 70%...

With that being said I can almost guarantee the percentage is significantly lower passing the ball on 3rd and 1 for conversions...my point exactly...
              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

kb

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                I'm with Frank. The middle gets way too congested when teams lineup in goal line formations. Cowboys last night spread the offense and Romo moonwalks in on a QB draw.
                kb---why in the hell do you and frankb disagree with chado on NFL.....he knows that sport frontwarde and backwards, cause he knows it's rigged.....

what in the hell does he about NFL....It's obvious nothing, especially if it's rigged, and the qb SNEAKS for a first down, if it's not on the rigged side, they'll call holding on the center.....

or Center in motion, etc....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                X