the dumbest call by a coach ive ever seen norv turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the dumbest call by a coach ive ever seen norv turner

4th and 2 and u call a draw against one of the best run defenses and the best middle linebacker of all time???

Nice call NORV

I have said this for years. It just baffles me why teams dont run the ball twice on 3rd and short and 4th and short in 4 down territory....not running on 3rd and 2 was the dumb play call...
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Coaching has never been Norv Turners strong suit!
      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Don't forget the 3 and inches on the goal line right before the half and he kicks a field goal on 3 rd down with 10 seconds left I had Balt but Turner is a dumb ass

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
          4th and 2 and u call a draw against one of the best run defenses and the best middle linebacker of all time???

Nice call NORV
          i agree MM....is brother is horrible with the Bears as well....Terrible coaching for the last 7 yrs by him
          jordanrules..................

Comment

he's the reason this strong core of players won't ever be a real factor in this league...

Comment

somehow u guys are suprised

Comment

Nice call NORV
                Let's not forget kicking the FG on 3rd down with 10 seconds remaining in the first half.

Comment

Nice call NORV
                  Correct!

Actually, I liked the call

Go Ravens!!
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                    Let's not forget kicking the FG on 3rd down with 10 seconds remaining in the first half.
                    We didnt.Look at post 4.He's a dumb ass

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
                      I have said this for years. It just baffles me why teams dont run the ball twice on 3rd and short and 4th and short in 4 down territory....not running on 3rd and 2 was the dumb play call...
                      I Vehemently disagree.

IMO the success rate of short yardage offense in the NFL does not work. Cramming 14 or more 300+ pound bodies at the line of scrimmage doesn't create lots of open space. I've said for years spread out the offense. The play the Lions ran on short yardage today was perfect. They faked to the fullback up the middle. Then quick pitched to a WR. Allowing the WR to go one on one vs linebacker. It was a mismatch. Teams average 3, 4 or 5 yards per carry running their normal offense then can't gain a yard or two on short yardages.

The Giants have one of the best if not the best running game in football. Far too many times last season and in week 1 they failed miserably in short yardage situations.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                        We didnt.Look at post 4.He's a dumb ass
                        I saw it after I posted then finished reading the thread.

Comment

How often to QB sneaks get stopped for less than a yard or two? Very rarely, from what I've seen. If it was 3rd and 2 at a crucial point, I'd run up, sneak it quick, hurry over the ball and sneak it once again.

I watched about 8 pr 9 sneaks today on 3rd or 4th and 1 and not one of them was stopped.....
                          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Turner is an ass. Rivers had over 400 passing yards. Any pass play would have stood a better chance than that call. Sproles up the middle. Who did Turner think was in his backfield, Earl Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                              I Vehemently disagree.

IMO the success rate of short yardage offense in the NFL does not work. Cramming 14 or more 300+ pound bodies at the line of scrimmage doesn't create lots of open space. I've said for years spread out the offense. The play the Lions ran on short yardage today was perfect. They faked to the fullback up the middle. Then quick pitched to a WR. Allowing the WR to go one on one vs linebacker. It was a mismatch. Teams average 3, 4 or 5 yards per carry running their normal offense then can't gain a yard or two on short yardages.

The Giants have one of the best if not the best running game in football. Far too many times last season and in week 1 they failed miserably in short yardage situations.
                              Well I completely disagree and infact could not disagree more...

As Mavs said in this thread if you cant QB sneak for a yard or two everytime you flat out suck. Funny how you mention the Lions toss to the WR yea that was a great play as it sends it out in space however you failed to mention a play from the exact same game which pretty much sealed the Lions fate and any chance of winning the game or getting the cover. Down by 7 pts late in the 3rd quarter the Lions elect to put Stafford in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 from the Vikings 42 yard line. Instead of running it twice (most preferrably QB sneaks) he throws an incompletion and they punt from the 42 about 5-8 yards and a 1st down out of FG range. Well guess what? The Viking get the ball back on a horrible game changing play call and drive all the way down the field to score a TD and go up by 14 pts. Keep passin on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and short plays and you will lose plain and simple. The percentages of putting the ball in the air as opposed to the ground in these situations create way more opportunities for failure than not. BALL GAME!!!
                              Last edited by Chado1; 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM.
                              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X