Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrel Pryor supports Michael Vick, Isnt that special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrel Pryor supports Michael Vick, Isnt that special?

Dumb PR move WTF.

Why make this part of college football?? I used to like Pryor.

Ill-timed Michael Vick message shows Terrelle Pryor's not ready to lead Ohio State Buckeyes -- Bill Livingston
    by Bill Livingston/Plain Dealer Columnist
    Tuesday September 08, 2009, 4:53 PM

Tracy Boulian, The Plain Dealer
    Terrelle Pryor, shown making a play Saturday against Navy, has not shown himself fit to lead Ohio State's football team this season, Bill Livingston writes.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Terrelle Pryor is 20 years old and already one of the biggest names in the state of Ohio. It comes with the position of starting quarterback at Ohio State, particularly since Pryor was on ESPN as much as Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit when he was choosing the college he would attend.

Pryor's youth confers many advantages, among them an excuse for poorly considered decisions.

Pryor, a 6-6, 235-pound sophomore, wore an eyeblack patch with the word "Vick" inscribed on it Saturday during the Buckeyes' narrow victory over Navy. His other patch "Mika" was a salute to his sister, which was touching.

More Ohio State coverage

• Video of Jim Tressel talking about Pryor and his eyeblack.

• Ohio State football news roundup and links

• View from the other side: What's up with USC

• Buckeyes drop to eighth in AP Top 25

• Doug Lesmerises' blog on why he voted Alabama No. 1
    The salute to Michael Vick, a convicted felon, dog killer, and overrated NFL quarterback, was, however, repugnant to many people, including lots of loyal Ohio State fans.

Coach Jim Tressel on Saturday said he wasn't aware of the situation. "I'm not tall enough to see his eyeblack," said Tressel.

Tuesday, Tressel elaborated, saying he had no policy on such personal expressions, whether they are put on shoes, wristbands or other parts of a player's equipment. "I am a micromanager, but I haven't micromanaged that one honestly. So I apologize, I'll get a little more hands-on," said Tressel.

He said he has not decided to review such personal expressions before the national spotlight focuses on Ohio State this Saturday in the Southern California game. Maybe he should.

Like many coaches, Tressel sometimes selectively micromanages. He overlooked a lot when Maurice Clarett was here for one stormy, sensational season. Pryor was not included in the list of players available for interviews Tuesday, but exclusion of freshmen and sophomores is the usual procedure at OSU. Upperclassmen are expected to know which topics to avoid, which "hot" buttons not to press.

". . .it's a little bit tough in this country to have too much of a policy on personal expression," Tressel said, "but it's unfortunate when that distracts from situations that were so extraordinary as the weekend we had. And I guess you'd have to know Terrelle like I know Terrelle. There's probably not a more compassionate human being in the world than Terrelle. We were sitting watching film last night and a text came in from Terrelle and he said, 'Hey, Coach, we've got to pump up T-Wash (wide receiver Taurian Washington). He's a little bit down. He dropped a ball or whatever.'

"If there's ever anyone that feels bad about something or downtrodden about something," Tressel continued, "he's the first one there with his arms around them, that's just the way he is. . . . if someone came in and wanted to put "Mom" on their eye patch or their wrist, I've got a tough time questioning that."

"Mom," of course, is not the issue. "Sis" either.

It is easy to understand how Vick was a model for Pryor because he turned plays into thrill rides in the NFL, the way Pryor did in high school.

Indisputably, Vick deserved a second chance after paying for his crime by going to Leavenworth federal prison. He got one from the Philadelphia Eagles. So this should be over.

By re-opening a story that has such powerful emotional connotations to so many people, and by doing so before possibly Ohio State's most important game of the season, Pryor has shown that he might be the Buckeyes' best player. But now he is sure not their leader
    NBA is a joke

so does the ever so apparent piece of trash Mark May
    jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23 View Post
      so does the ever so apparent piece of trash Mark May
      I don't see any problem with someone supporting Vick since he did pay a price, but Pryor's quote was ridiculous. If you are going to come out and make a statement in the media, make sure it is reasonable. I don't care if you are only a sophomore in college, you are on a grand stage for everyone to see and hear.

"I just feel that, uh, I mean he made his mistake, and, uh, I think he just needs more support. I mean, uh, not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone does kills people, murder people, and all types, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I mean, I just feel that people need to give him a chance. I mean I always looked to Mike Vick and I always will, 'cause I still think he's one the best quarterbacks to me and I just love, I love Mike Vick and I look up to him a lot."

Comment

Originally posted by shoeman530 View Post
        I don't see any problem with someone supporting Vick since he did pay a price, but Pryor's quote was ridiculous. If you are going to come out and make a statement in the media, make sure it is reasonable. I don't care if you are only a sophomore in college, you are on a grand stage for everyone to see and hear.

"I just feel that, uh, I mean he made his mistake, and, uh, I think he just needs more support. I mean, uh, not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone does kills people, murder people, and all types, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I mean, I just feel that people need to give him a chance. I mean I always looked to Mike Vick and I always will, 'cause I still think he's one the best quarterbacks to me and I just love, I love Mike Vick and I look up to him a lot."

Hope he is taking English at Ohio St.
        NBA is a joke

Comment

not a leader, and this kid will never be a NFL QB. Watch this Barkley kid come into the shoe this week and show Terelle how a QB leads an offense.

What is so stupid about the whole thing is why make Vick a cause to begin with. It would be different if Vick was still being persecuted or something. He's not, everyone I know and hear say he has paid his price, deserves a second chance, and that is exactly what he is getting. What it their to support?
          Last edited by harold_bush; 09-09-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
            not a leader, and this kid will never be a NFL QB. Watch this Barkley kid come into the shoe this week and show Terelle how a QB leads an offense.

What is so stupid about the whole thing is why make Vick a cause to begin with. It would be different if Vick was still being persecuted or something. He's not, everyone I know and hear say he has paid his price, deserves a second chance, and that is exactly what he is getting. What it their to support?

Agreed. USC will the buckeyes.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
            X