Pitching change for Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitching change for Giants

There has been a change for San Francisco.

Bumgarner is now listed as the starting pitcher instead of Lincecum for the Giants.

Line is now Giants -153, total 8

ok thanks!

I guess my wager is VOID

Comment

Thanks "b"
      jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

FKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ME>......I never take the team w the pitcher...my bet aint void if pitching change...

Comment

shouldi hedge? have a large one on them...whose bumgarner

Comment

Originally posted by joshuab1 View Post
            shouldi hedge? have a large one on them...whose bumgarner
            Supposed to be their top pitching prospect in the minors from what I understand. I don't know much else.

Comment

just so stupid i dnt choose action w the pitcher

Comment

Originally posted by joshuab1 View Post
                just so stupid i dnt choose action w the pitcher
                Yea, I agree. I always list the pitcher when it's a big fave. Hardly ever do when it's a big dog though.

Comment

Re: Pitching change (from MLB)

Lincecum scratched with back spasms
                  Giants bring up Bumgarner to replace ailing ace

SAN FRANCISCO -- In a stunning sequence of events, the Giants scratched Tim Lincecum from his scheduled start Tuesday night with back spasms and purchased the contract of left-hander Madison Bumgarner, the organization's top pitching prospect, who was assigned to face the San Diego Padres instead.

Lincecum, 13-5 with a 2.34 ERA in 28 starts, had displayed noticeably less velocity on his fastball in recent starts, topping out at approximately 93-94 mph -- still effective, but a few miles per hour slower than usual. Manager Bruce Bochy expected Lincecum to only miss a few days.

In Lincecum's last start at AT&T Park, Aug. 28 against the Colorado Rockies, the auxiliary scoreboards displaying pitchers' velocity readings remained blank. Lincecum still shut out Colorado on four hits through eight innings.

That was the only victory for the National League's reigning Cy Young Award winner in his previous six starts, though he recorded a respectable 2.89 ERA and struck out 44 while allowing 27 hits in 43 2/3 innings in that span.

Bumgarner posted a 12-2 record with a 1.85 ERA at high-Class A San Jose and Double-A Connecticut this season after finishing 15-3 with a 1.46 ERA in 24 starts at low-Class A Augusta last year. He was the Giants' first-round selection (10th overall, like Lincecum in 2006) in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft.

Bumgarner pitched five scoreless innings, allowing one hit, in three Spring Training appearances this year. That included three shutout innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Cactus League finale.

Comment

unless you played the RL - 1 1/2....I think you still Have a good bet at -155....SD hitting is terrible.........keep the wager if it's on the ML.....IMO

Bumgarner has good credentials, and If I was a pitcher, coming up, I would want to start my pitching career against SD....

Bumgarner posted a 12-2 record with a 1.85 ERA at high-Class A San Jose and Double-A Connecticut this season after finishing 15-3 with a 1.46 ERA in 24 starts at low-Class A Augusta last year. He was the Giants' first-round selection (10th overall, like Lincecum in 2006) in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                    X