Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kazmir to the Halos

Rotoworld...

According to MLB.com's Lyle Spencer, the Angels are about to land Scott Kazmir from the Rays for prospects Alexander Torres and Matthew Sweeney.

The Angels had been rumored to be in the mix for Kazmir before the July deadline and have gotten their man. On the surface it's an odd move for the Rays, as Kazmir has pitched considerably better his past three starts and the team is still in the thick of the Wild Card race. Neither prospect is a significant property, either. Kazmir is due $22.5 million over the next two years of his contract, which he signed in May of last year.

would love for the Angels to get him......I picked the Angels to win the AL......this is what we need to get there.........imo

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

It fell through

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
        It fell through

DAmn....hope they don't gp after Penny

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Why doesn't someone go after KC's Greinke?

Comment

Los Angeles Angels close to acquiring left-hander Scott Kazmir
            The Los Angeles Angels are nearing a deal to acquire left-hander Scott Kazmir from the Tampa Bay Rays, according to sources.

Los Angeles Angels close to acquiring left-hander Scott Kazmir - ESPN

Comment

its official he is an Angel.
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Question-maybe I don't understand everything, but whats the point of having a 7/31 trading deadline when we have seen of late that any team can find a loophole to acquire players after that date?

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                  Question-maybe I don't understand everything, but whats the point of having a 7/31 trading deadline when we have seen of late that any team can find a loophole to acquire players after that date?
                  savage a team has to put a player up on waivers which allows any team to claim said player. if 48hrs go by and no one claims said player any team can negotiate a trade. its worked that way forever. In this case the Angels are on the hook for his salary for this year and the next 2 seasons at 10million + per season
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

IMO Angels just became the World Series Favs...

Anyone else???

PK
                    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                      savage a team has to put a player up on waivers which allows any team to claim said player. if 48hrs go by and no one claims said player any team can negotiate a trade. its worked that way forever. In this case the Angels are on the hook for his salary for this year and the next 2 seasons at 10million + per season
                      His salary for this year becomes negotiable in the trade. Usually the trading team agrees to pay a lions share for the rest of the year in order to gain whatever they are seeking. Look at the Twins this year. They traded a draft pick for Carl Pavano while only having to pay 50%ish of Pavano's contract for the year. This is the real difference between waiver and non-waiver trades.

PK
                      No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Thanks guys for explaining it;I never quite understood it before.

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                          IMO Angels just became the World Series Favs...

Anyone else???

PK
                          I still think Yankees are the favorites-losing Teixeira to Yankees and loss of Krod will be telling in playoffs imo.

Comment

why the hell the dodgers our fhilies didnt went afther him???

Comment

Working...
                            X