Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote: Pete Rose's Legacy

Vote: Pete Rose's Legacy

Twenty years ago today, Pete Rose received the harshest of all of baseball's penalties: a lifetime ban for betting on games while employed as manager of the Reds. Rose protested his innocence for years, but eventually admitted to gambling in a 2004 autobiography, "My Prison Without Bars".
    Rose's lifetime ban has engendered considerable controversy in the world of baseball. In a 2004 poll regarding the issue, SportsNation appeared divided. Huge majorities believed that he did not tell the whole truth, should not manage a major league team, and did not help his cause by lying to the public. However, 64 percent thought that he should, at some point in the future, be allowed into the Hall of Fame. It appears that, while fans could not forget Rose's violations, they remembered him more for his on-field performance.
    Recently, some noise has been made about lifting Rose's lifetime ban, but Bud Selig has publicly stated that the ban will remain in effect for the foreseeable future. Now that 20 years have passed, has your opinion changed on Pete Rose, SportsNation?
    Cast your vote now!

Vote: Pete Rose's Legacy - SportsNation - ESPN
    Yes, as soon as possible
    81.82%
    Yes, after his death
    0.00%
    No, his transgressions were too serious
    18.18%
    No, he didn't earn it on the field
    0.00%

This ban will be lifted and justice will prevail ... One of the best, if not THE best, all around ball player ... stats to prove it ...

HOF is what you did on the field and no one did it better than Charlie Hustle ...

MHO guys ...

Comment

Couldn't agree more Spark

Comment

All votes in favor of right away, who would have guessed that Pete would be forgiven so fast for betting on baseball by a bunch of guys who bet on baseball!!

Comment

Way before my time..
          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I think it is time for the non betting public to forgive Pete Rose and recognize him for what he did on the field. Yes he should not have made a sports bet[/QUOTE] on his own team or even baseball, but enough is enough already.
            Last edited by gscott72; 08-25-2009, 10:50 AM.
            Geoff Scott www.guaranteed-sportsbet.com

Comment

It is a no brainer-of course he should be admitted and should have been during his first year of eligibility;if there was such a thing as HOF for Managers AFTER they finished their career as a player, then ban him from that.
              If his ban for all of these years is considered just, then for me justice is to ban a player in the future for LIFE if is he found to be using PEDs(in actuality I would do this anyways).

Comment

Originally posted by gscott72 View Post
                I think it is time for the non betting public to forgive Pete Rose and recognize him for what he did on the field. Yes he should not have made a sports beton his own team or even baseball, but enough is enough already.
                LMAO @ shooting your service ad in that blurb..
                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gscott72 View Post
                  I think it is time for the non betting public to forgive Pete Rose and recognize him for what he did on the field. Yes he should not have made a sports bet
                  on his own team or even baseball, but enough is enough already.[/QUOTE]

gscott72 ... Services are only allowed to post in the Service forum ...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                    This ban will be lifted and justice will prevail ... One of the best, if not THE best, all around ball player ... stats to prove it ...

HOF is what you did on the field and no one did it better than Charlie Hustle ...

MHO guys ...
                    He should be admitted into the hall along with Shoeless Joe Jackson. Shoeless Joe and 7 other White Sox players were acquitted of any wrongdoing by a Chicago jury. Yet, Commissioner Landis still banned all 8 players.

Comment

Pete Rose no hands down should be in the HOF
                      jordanrules..................

Comment

I voted that he should not be allowed mainly for this reason. For a time he was a player/ manager. I don't care what anyone say's. It's easer to throw a game than it is to win one, and when you are a manager there is more opportunity to throw a game than as a lone player. He made plays on the field, but he also managed on the field. Bottom line is that Pete Rose needs Baseball, Baseball doesn't need Pete Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post
                          I voted that he should not be allowed mainly for this reason. For a time he was a player/ manager. I don't care what anyone say's. It's easer to throw a game than it is to win one, and when you are a manager there is more opportunity to throw a game than as a lone player. He made plays on the field, but he also managed on the field. Bottom line is that Pete Rose needs Baseball, Baseball doesn't need Pete Rose.

couldnt agree more. Pete Rose is one of the biggest scumbag losers on the planet. I know i know reds fan you are gonna come at me with the typical "hey he's charlie hustle" blah blah blah....go cry me a river. the guy couldnt even make money gambling and fixing games on his own team. I hope he never gets in. Seriously though if you put aside what he did which makes the game equivalent to the WWF. If you look at how he lied and lied and lied for what 15+years. I did not bet on baseball i did not bet on baseball i did not bet on baseball. Fast forward 15 or so years later.......Ding ding ding I need $$$ time to write a book and tell the truth. Hey pete you want in????? How bout you wait another 15 years and then the HOF will consider it. You lied that long, so wait that long LOSER!!!!

ps with the above stated I still believe he was one of the greatest baseball players ever.
                          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I voted for #1

Comment

As long as Selig is there he won't get reinstated...JMO.
                              I voted for #1 as well..

Comment

Working...
                              X